- Buy OEM Intuit TurboTax Home & Business 2012
- Download 4Media DVD to iPod Converter 5
- Buy OEM Infinite Skills - Learning Sketchup
- Buy OEM GibbsCAM 2013 64-bit
- Download Infinite Skills - Learning Autodesk 3DS Max 2013
- Buy OEM Ableton Suite 8 MAC
- Buy Autodesk Autocad Electrical 2009 (en)
- 9.95$ FileMaker Pro 11: The Missing Manual cheap oem
- Discount - Sony Sound Forge Audio Studio 10
- Download Microsoft Windows Server 2012 Essentials
- Buy OEM Intuit TurboTax 2009 Home & Business
- Buy OEM Adobe InDesign CS5.5 MAC
- 199.95$ Red Giant Effects Suite 11 (64-bit) cheap oem
|30th Anniversary Celebration and Conference at the Richardson-Sloane Special Collections Center|
|News Releases - Local Events|
|Written by Steve Hart|
|Tuesday, 16 October 2012 13:57|
Join us as we recognize 30 years at the Davenport Public Library Richardson-Sloane Special Collections Center (321 Main Street) on Saturday, October 20th from 9:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. with a celebration that includes genealogy and history guest speakers, historical film footage, and more.
The Richardson-Sloane Special Collections Center opened in 1982 in a small area on the first floor of the Main Library. Donations and grants have allowed the Center to expand its collection and relocate to the roomier basement of the Main Library. Over the years, the support of our city and county personnel, volunteers, genealogical society members, library directors, staff, and generous donors have culminated in one of the finest genealogy and local history collections in the Midwest.
The schedule for the 30th Anniversary Celebration and Conference will be as follows:
9:45 a.m. –Welcome.
9:50 – 10:50 – Researching at the State Historical Society of Wisconsin by George Findlen.
10:50 – 11:20 Break.
11:20 – 12:30 – Draper Manuscripts – George Findlen.
12:30 – 1:30 – Lunch Break. You may either eat in local restaurants or bring a lunch to the library. Water and coffee will be provided for those who wish to eat at the library.
1:30 – 2:30 – Screening of local film footage from the SC Collection – SC staff will present with Bob King from Classic Films.
2:30 – 2:45 – Break.
2:45 – 3:45 – Civil War Camps – Jim Jacobsen of History Pays!
3:45 – 4:30 – Davenport 1857 Map: Conservation and Content by Amy Groskopf.
Participants are welcome to stay the whole day or attend the programs of interest. The Special Collections Center will be open for research as well. This event is free and registration is not required. For more information or questions please call (563) 326-7902.
Tags See All Tags