- Buy OEM Ashampoo Movie Shrink And Burn 3
- 149.95$ I.R.I.S. Readiris 12 Corporate MAC cheap oem
- Buy Infinite Skills - Learning Revit Structure 2014 MAC (en)
- Buy Nero 7 Vision Xtra (en,ru)
- Download Excel 2007 For Dummies Quick Reference
- Download Nuance PDF Converter Professional 5
- Buy DzSoft Perl Editor 5.8.3 (en)
- Download Adobe Dreamweaver CS4
- Download Microsoft Office 2010 Professional Plus with SP1 (32-bit & 64-bit)
- Download Rosetta Stone - Learn French (Level 1, 2 & 3 Set) MAC
- Buy Cheap ABest Video to MOV SWF FLV Converter
- 9.95$ iPhone: The Missing Manual cheap oem
- Discount - Rosetta Stone - Learn Korean (Level 1, 2 & 3 Set)
|30th Anniversary Celebration and Conference at the Richardson-Sloane Special Collections Center|
|News Releases - Local Events|
|Written by Steve Hart|
|Tuesday, 16 October 2012 13:57|
Join us as we recognize 30 years at the Davenport Public Library Richardson-Sloane Special Collections Center (321 Main Street) on Saturday, October 20th from 9:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. with a celebration that includes genealogy and history guest speakers, historical film footage, and more.
The Richardson-Sloane Special Collections Center opened in 1982 in a small area on the first floor of the Main Library. Donations and grants have allowed the Center to expand its collection and relocate to the roomier basement of the Main Library. Over the years, the support of our city and county personnel, volunteers, genealogical society members, library directors, staff, and generous donors have culminated in one of the finest genealogy and local history collections in the Midwest.
The schedule for the 30th Anniversary Celebration and Conference will be as follows:
9:45 a.m. –Welcome.
9:50 – 10:50 – Researching at the State Historical Society of Wisconsin by George Findlen.
10:50 – 11:20 Break.
11:20 – 12:30 – Draper Manuscripts – George Findlen.
12:30 – 1:30 – Lunch Break. You may either eat in local restaurants or bring a lunch to the library. Water and coffee will be provided for those who wish to eat at the library.
1:30 – 2:30 – Screening of local film footage from the SC Collection – SC staff will present with Bob King from Classic Films.
2:30 – 2:45 – Break.
2:45 – 3:45 – Civil War Camps – Jim Jacobsen of History Pays!
3:45 – 4:30 – Davenport 1857 Map: Conservation and Content by Amy Groskopf.
Participants are welcome to stay the whole day or attend the programs of interest. The Special Collections Center will be open for research as well. This event is free and registration is not required. For more information or questions please call (563) 326-7902.
Tags See All Tags