- Discount - SmithMicro Stuffit Deluxe 15 MAC
- 149.95$ I.R.I.S. Readiris 12 Corporate MAC cheap oem
- Discount - Lynda.com - Dreamweaver CS6 New Features
- 29.95$ LATENITESOFT Xslimmer MAC cheap oem
- Buy Autodesk Inventor Professional 2014 (64-bit) (en,cs,de,es,fr,it,ko,pl,pt,ru,zh)
- Buy Cheap Roxio Creator 2010 Pro
- 9.95$ Hazel 3 cheap oem
- Buy Cheap ZoneAlarm Pro 8
- 29.95$ Nik Software Viveza 2 cheap oem
- Buy Web Page Maker 3 (en)
- Buy Cheap Autodesk AutoCAD Raster Design 2011
- Download Autodesk 3ds Max Design 2011
- Buy Microsoft Windows Server 2012 Datacenter (ar,bg,cs,da,de,el,en,es,et,fi,fr,he,hr,hu,it,ja,ko,lt,lv,nb,nl,pl,pt,ro,ru,sk,sl,sr,sv,th,uk,tr)
- Buy Telestream Flip4Mac WMV Player Pro (en)
|30th Annual Labor Day Parade set for September 2nd in East Moline|
|News Releases - Local Events|
|Written by Dino Leone|
|Friday, 30 August 2013 13:39|
2013 Theme: You Work Hard. You’ve Earned It. Labor Day 2013.
Labor Day is a celebration of the incredible contributions of America’s working people. Through sweat, sacrifice, and innovation, workers built this country and make it run every day. We take pride in doing the best job possible. But today most of America’s workers are working longer hours, taking on multiple jobs, and producing more goods and services. Yet wages have not kept up. While wages for working families have stagnated, the super-wealthy, including CEOs and corporate executives, have done pretty well. According to the Economic Policy Institute, the top 1% has grabbed nearly 60% of the income gains in the past 30 years. Meanwhile, the bottom 90% has only received 8.6% of all gains in income.
The productivity of working families has powered our region’s growth, but wage growth has not kept pace with the productivity of working families. We believe in extending a ladder to the middle class for all who play by the rules and work hard. Union and nonunion; low wage, blue collar and white collar; documented and undocumented—workers are united in the belief that this should be the country of opportunity. This Labor Day, we stand united in our belief that everyone deserves a voice on the job, a living wage, and a workplace safe from harassment and abuse.
We recognize the millions of workers who do not get this holiday off and those who are striking and walking off the job across the country because they hope to raise their families on a livable wage. We ask our leaders to invest in economic growth from the middle class out, and to respect workers’ freedom to come together in unions to organize and build a better bargain for everyone.
Every day, workers labor and sacrifice to achieve the American Dream. We celebrate this holiday to tell workers everywhere: You’ve earned it!
Tags See All Tags