- Buy OEM Adobe Edge Animate CC MAC (Full LifeTime License)
- Download Lynda.com - SQL Server: Triggers, Stored Procedures, and Functions
- Buy Pixologic ZBrush 4R6 (en)
- Discount - Nero 10 Burning ROM
- Download Adobe Flash Professional CS6 Student and Teacher Edition
- Buy Cheap Autodesk Autocad Revit Structure Suite 2012
- Buy Smith Micro Poser Pro 2014 MAC (en)
- Buy Autodesk Alias Design 2012 (32-bit) (en)
- Buy OEM FileMaker Pro 11: The Missing Manual
- Buy Altova StyleVision Enterprise 2009 (en)
- Discount - JThink Jaikoz Audio Tagger 3 MAC
- Buy Cheap Autodesk AutoCAD Architecture 2015 (32-bit)
- Download Rosetta Stone - Learn English (Level 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5 Set) MAC
|4 Reasons Why Human Trafficking Is on the Rise|
|News Releases - General Info|
|Written by Ginny Grimsley|
|Friday, 20 September 2013 15:26|
Despite Increasing Awareness, Victims’ Numbers Continue
to Increase, Researcher Says
Rather than diminishing, reports of children victimized by human traffickers are increasing. Worldwide, children comprised 20 percent of all victims from 2003 to 2006 – that rose to 27 percent over the next three years.
The report estimates 20.9 million adults and children are trafficked every year, and that 1.5 million of them are within the United States, says Sharon Buchbinder. They’re sold for forced labor, organs and sex.
“Prostitution, statutory rape and kidnapping are all illegal, so we must have quite a robust criminal underworld,” says Buchbinder, an award-winning, multi-published novelist who recently published “Obsession,” (www.sharonbuchbinder.com), which deals with international kidnapping.
The FBI recently announced the biggest sex-trafficking bust in U.S. history, featuring the arrests of 150 alleged pimps and the rescues of 105 children. However, this is by no means a rare occurrence in our country, Buchbinder says.
“If you’re not familiar with these cases, you may ask yourself, ‘How is this possible?’ ” says Buchbinder, who reviews some the major, enabling factors.
“Human trafficking is not a foreign problem; it’s a sad fact throughout the world and in our own backyards,” Buchbinder says.
About Sharon Buchbinder
Sharon Buchbinder is an award-winning author published in contemporary, erotic, paranormal and romantic-suspense genres. After working in health care delivery for years, Buchbinder became an executive, a health care researcher and an academic in higher education. Despite enjoying the good life with a good career, her supportive husband and an amazing son, the itch to write kept beckoning her. She credits much of her success to the kindness of family, friends, critique partners, Romance Writers of America and Maryland Romance Writers.
Tags See All Tags