- Discount - Nik Software Sharpener Pro 3 MAC
- Download Eset Smart Security 5 (64-bit)
- Discount - Lynda.com - Trapcode Particular Essential Training
- Discount - SmithMicro Stuffit Deluxe 15 MAC
- Buy OEM Autodesk Navisworks Manage 2011
- Buy Cheap Adobe Acrobat X Pro Student And Teacher Edition MAC
- Buy Cheap Lynda.com - LinkedIn Essential Training
- Download Autodesk Inventor 2014 (32-bit & 64-bit)
- Buy Cheap Microsoft Digital Image Suite 2006
- Buy Adobe Creative Suite 6 Design Standard Student and Teacher Edition MAC (en,ja,da,de,es,fr,it,nl,pt,sv,fi)
- Buy Lynda.com - C# Essential Training (en)
- Buy Adobe Photoshop CS4 Extended MAC (en,ja,co,nl,fr,de,it,es,fi,da,no,sv)
|4th Annual FIRST Lego League at the Putnam Museum!|
|News Releases - Art, Galleries & Museums|
|Written by Jenna Smith|
|Monday, 10 December 2012 12:40|
DAVENPORT - The Putnam Museum partners with the Quad City Engineering and Science Council for the 4th annual FIRST Lego League Regional Competition held on December 15 & 16. The FIRST Lego Robotics Competition is a competition of regional 3rd-8th grade teams who are part of the international FIRST robotics program. The teams (up to 10 members) bring their self-programmed robots to face off against other teams in a live challenge for points based on completion of “missions” in a 2-minute timeframe. In addition, the teams are judged on how well they work together and on their presentation of solving a real-world problem – this year with assisting Senior Citizens. New this year: Jr. First Lego League teams!
“Iowa FIRST LEGO League has experienced growth every year since beginning in the state. This year, however, we have had a team explosion with over 400 teams participating in FLL in the state thanks in part to the overwhelming excitement of participants and volunteers plus the support from industry such as John Deere, Rockwell Collins and the Governor’s STEM initiative, establishing STEM Hubs across the state and the legislature appropriating funds to support that effort through Scale Up programs like FIRST LEGO League.
We are excited for so many young people to get the opportunity to be exposed to quality STEM programming through the Iowa FLL events like those at the Putnam Museum, getting to show off all they’ve learned in high energy, highly supportive environments celebrating the future of innovation through every child’s creativity.” - CAMILLE SLOAN SCHROEDER, ENGINEERING K-12 COMMUNITY OUTREACH, IOWA STATE UNIVERSITY COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING
No registration is involved for this event; registration for teams is closed for this year. We invite you to come and check out the competition for free, located in our Grand Lobby.
Tags See All Tags