- Download iExplorer 3 MAC
- Discount - Microsoft Visio Professional 2013
- 19.95$ Thegrideon Access Password Professional 2.0 cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Lynda.com - AJAX Essential Training
- Buy Autodesk Smoke 2013 MAC (en)
- 29.95$ Xilisoft DVD Ripper Platinum 5 cheap oem
- Buy OEM Adobe Photoshop CS6 Top 100 Simplified Tips and Tricks
- Buy OEM Microsoft Windows 7 Enterprise with SP1 (32 bit & 64 bit)
- Download Slysoft CloneDVD 2
- Buy OEM Lynda.com - InDesign CS6 New Features
- Discount - Maxon Cinema 4D R15 MAC
- Buy Autodesk AutoCAD Architecture 2010 (32 bit) (en)
- Buy OEM Autodesk AutoCAD Electrical 2015 (32-bit)
|4th Annual FIRST Lego League at the Putnam Museum!|
|News Releases - Art, Galleries & Museums|
|Written by Jenna Smith|
|Monday, 10 December 2012 12:40|
DAVENPORT - The Putnam Museum partners with the Quad City Engineering and Science Council for the 4th annual FIRST Lego League Regional Competition held on December 15 & 16. The FIRST Lego Robotics Competition is a competition of regional 3rd-8th grade teams who are part of the international FIRST robotics program. The teams (up to 10 members) bring their self-programmed robots to face off against other teams in a live challenge for points based on completion of “missions” in a 2-minute timeframe. In addition, the teams are judged on how well they work together and on their presentation of solving a real-world problem – this year with assisting Senior Citizens. New this year: Jr. First Lego League teams!
“Iowa FIRST LEGO League has experienced growth every year since beginning in the state. This year, however, we have had a team explosion with over 400 teams participating in FLL in the state thanks in part to the overwhelming excitement of participants and volunteers plus the support from industry such as John Deere, Rockwell Collins and the Governor’s STEM initiative, establishing STEM Hubs across the state and the legislature appropriating funds to support that effort through Scale Up programs like FIRST LEGO League.
We are excited for so many young people to get the opportunity to be exposed to quality STEM programming through the Iowa FLL events like those at the Putnam Museum, getting to show off all they’ve learned in high energy, highly supportive environments celebrating the future of innovation through every child’s creativity.” - CAMILLE SLOAN SCHROEDER, ENGINEERING K-12 COMMUNITY OUTREACH, IOWA STATE UNIVERSITY COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING
No registration is involved for this event; registration for teams is closed for this year. We invite you to come and check out the competition for free, located in our Grand Lobby.
Tags See All Tags