- Discount - Autodesk Inventor Publisher 2012 (64-bit)
- Buy Cheap BeLight Software Labels & Addresses MAC
- 9.95$ Adobe Creative Suite 5 Bible cheap oem
- Buy OEM Lynda.com - Start with a Theme: Video Blogs in WordPress
- Download FileMaker Bento 3 MAC
- Download ABest Video to AVI MPEG VCD DVD Converter
- Discount - Adobe InCopy CS5 MAC
- Buy Cheap Rosetta Stone - Learn Dutch (Level 1, 2 & 3 Set) MAC
- 19.95$ GFI EndPointSecurity 2012 cheap oem
- Download Autodesk Showcase 2012 (32-bit)
- Buy Cheap Altova SchemaAgent 2009
- Buy Cheap Frischluft Effects Pack
- Buy DAZ Carrara 8 Pro (en,fr)
|5 Local Nominations Received for 2009 Freedom Award|
|News Releases - Civic News & Info|
|Written by Holly Fantaskey|
|Thursday, 26 March 2009 09:14|
Five Quad City area employers have been nominated for the 2009 Secretary of Defense Employer Support Freedom Award. The Freedom Award is the highest recognition given by the U.S. Government to employers for their support of their employees who serve in the National Guard and Reserve.
The nominees are:
Bettendorf Police Department
Civil Constructors Inc., East Moline
Kelly's Medical Equipment and Supply, Davenport
Springfield Armory Inc., Geneseo
Superior Labels, Davenport.
More than 3,200 National Guard and Reserve members from across the country nominated their employers for their outstanding support. Many employers, for example, provided continued benefits, differential pay, family assistance and additional support. A national selection board comprised of senior defense officials and business leaders will select up to 15 recipients for this year’s award. The Department of Defense will announce the 2009 Freedom Award recipients this summer. The 2009 Freedom Awards will be presented at a ceremony in Washington, D.C., September 17th at the Ronald Reagan Building and International Center.
Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR) is a Department of Defense agency established in 1972 that seeks to promote a culture in which all American employers support and value the military service of their employees. We recognize outstanding support, increase awareness of the law, and resolve conflicts through mediation. For more information, please visit www.esgr.mil.
About the Award
The Freedom Award was instituted in 1996 under the auspices of the National Committee for Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR) to recognize exceptional support from the employer community. Previous honorees include American Express, the Choctaw Nation of Oklahoma, Sears, Home Depot, the State of Tennessee and the Winner School District of South Dakota. For more information, please visit www.FreedomAward.mil.
Tags See All Tags