- Discount - Nik Software Sharpener Pro 3
- 9.95$ Adobe Photoshop CC for Photographers cheap oem
- Discount - Adobe Creative Suite 4 Design Standard MAC
- Buy OEM Nuance OmniPage Professional 16
- Buy OEM Aimersoft Total Media Converter 2 MAC
- Discount - Autodesk Stitcher Unlimited 2009 MAC
- 149.95$ Adobe Audition CS6 cheap oem
- Download Infinite Skills - Learning jQuery Programming
- Discount - Apple Mac OS X 10.7 Lion
- 99.95$ Adobe Creative Suite 3 Design Premium cheap oem
- Buy OEM One Periodic Hand Off! 2
|5 Things Americans Should Know about Guantánamo|
|News Releases - Military & Veterans News|
|Written by Ginny Grimsley|
|Tuesday, 01 October 2013 13:33|
Former Intelligence Officer Says U.S. Isn’t Getting Full Story
When was the last time you read, saw or heard much from the media about the Guantánamo Bay prison? Eric Wentz, a 26-year veteran of the U.S. Navy who worked as an interrogator and linguist at the prison, says it’s no mistake if you haven’t.
“I remember when there were Guantánamo stories on a near-daily basis – that was when President Bush was in office. But there have been comparatively few Gitmo stories during President Obama’s tenure,” says Wentz, a former intelligence officer and author of a new Readers Choice Award-winning novel based on his experiences, “Killing Sharks: De Profundis,” (www.ericwentz.com).
“The United States is still holding more than 160 prisoners at our prison in Cuba and, while critics here and abroad have protested their indefinite detention without charges or trials, they represent a real risk to our national security,” Wentz says.
“Americans should be well-informed when these debates arise, and they simply are not.”
Wentz reviews five things the American public should know about Guantánamo.
About Eric Wentz
Eric Wentz is a 26-year veteran of the U.S. Navy, having served as an intelligence officer, interrogator and linguist. He has a bachelor’s degree in history and English literature, a master’s degree in linguistics, and a Master of Science degree and doctorate in educational administration. He is also a certified SCUBA diver and an experienced canoeist. His novel, “Killing Sharks: De Profundis,” has won the Readers Choice Book Reviews Bronze Award.
Tags See All Tags