- Discount - Autodesk Revit Structure 2012
- 29.95$ Prosoft Engineering Drive Genius 3 MAC cheap oem
- Buy OEM Lynda.com - Up and Running with PHP: PEAR, PECL, and Composer
- Download Excel 2007 All-In-One Desk Reference For Dummies
- Buy Microsoft Windows Server 2012 Essentials (en,ar,bg,cs,da,de,el,es,et,fi,fr,he,hr,hu,it,ja,ko,lt,lv,nb,nl,pl,pt,ro,ru,sk,sl,sr,sv,th,tr,uk)
- Buy Microsoft Visual Studio LightSwitch 2011 (en)
- Buy OEM Pinnacle Studio 17 Ultimate
- Discount - Lynda.com - Virtual Instruments in Logic Pro
- Discount - Flash Professional CS5 & Flash Catalyst CS5 For Dummies
- Buy OEM Microsoft Forefront Threat Management Gateway Enterprise Edition 2010 (64-bit)
- 399.95$ Siemens Solid Edge ST6 (32-bit) cheap oem
|6th annual Galena Oktoberfest to be held September 22nd|
|News Releases - Travel & Tourism|
|Written by Galena/Jo Daviess County CVB|
|Monday, 06 August 2012 08:06|
Family fun, polka music, wiener dog racing, and German-style food headline this event
GALENA, Ill. – September 22, 2012 is the start of Oktoberfest in Munich, Germany, but it’s also a day of similar celebration in Galena, Ill. The 6th annual Galena Oktoberfest will entertain and delight your entire family and is a whole lot easier on the budget than a flight to Munich. The event takes place at Depot Park, 99 Bouthillier St., just east of the Galena River near the intersection of U.S. Highway 20 and Park Avenue; from noon to 10 p.m. Galena Oktoberfest is hosted by the Galena Lions Club and all of the proceeds help individuals with sight and sound needs, as well as supporting community projects.
People of all ages enjoy Galena Oktoberfest, as it features non-stop live music by three bands, polka dancing and lessons, wiener dog races and parade, a beer stein endurance contest, a bean bag tournament, bounce houses and games for the kids, and of course plenty of German-style food, soda and beer The day begins at noon with a cannon blast and the ceremonial tapping of the keg, followed by the ever-famous wiener dog races. Online pre-registration is encouraged for both the wiener dog races and the bean bag tournament.
Take a spin on the dance floor and Jennifer Mulcahey, of Ballroom by Jennifer, will teach you how to polka. Back-to-back bands include two polka bands, the Jim Busta Band from Spring Grove, Minn. and The Goodtime Dutchmen from Kewaskum, Wisc., as well as local rock favorite Mighty Short Bus from Madison, Wisc.
Gate tickets to Galena Oktoberfest are $5 for adults and teens, children 12 and under are admitted free. Parking is free near the festival site. Festival goers can also take a ride on the free trolley that will be shuttling visitors from the Galena’s historic Main Street to the festival.
For more information about Galena Oktoberfest and the Galena Lions Club, go to www.galenaoktoberfest.com or call 815.331.0180. Visit Galena Oktoberfest on Facebook for updates and to find out ‘Where in the World is Otto?’ Additional area offerings and visitor information may be found at the Galena/Jo Daviess County Convention and Visitors Bureau at www.galena.org or by calling 877.464.2536. While in town, visit the CVB’s Old Train Depot Visitor Information Center at 101 Bouthillier St. for on-site assistance and countywide information.
Tags See All Tags