- Discount - Autodesk Toxik 2008
- Download Microsoft MapPoint 2010 Europe
- Discount - Propellerhead Reason 5 MAC
- Buy Cheap Next Limit Technologies RealFlow 5 MAC
- Buy OEM Infinite Skills - Photoshop For Architects
- Buy Parallels Desktop 7 MAC (en)
- Download Lynda.com - iPhone SDK Essential Training
- Download Corel VideoStudio Pro X4
- Download Lynda.com - Photoshop and Bridge CS5 for Photographers New Features
- Buy OEM Corel Draw 11 MAC
- Buy OEM Nolo Quicken WillMaker Plus 2011
|A Life-Size Chocolate Moose to Live in Elwell Family Food Center|
|News Releases - Food & Dining|
|Written by Lori Chappell|
|Monday, 06 August 2012 14:10|
DES MOINES, IA (08/03/2012)(readMedia)-- The world-famous Iowa State Fair Butter Cow has a new friend, a life-size Chocolate Moose crafted by the master chocolatiers at Chocolaterie Stam U.S.A. Chocolaterie Stam has crafted 'The World's Largest Chocolate Moose in Captivity ©.' The chocolate moose will be on display in the Elwell Family Food Center throughout the Fair, August 9-19 from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
From hooves to antlers, the chocolate moose's stainless steel frame weighs 320 pounds, stands 10'6" high and is 118" long. Hundreds of pounds of Dutch chocolate were applied in layers and hand-carved until a life-size chocolate moose emerged. This creation took approximately nine weeks from its birth in Radcliffe to its new location in the Elwell Family Food Center. While a real moose weights more than 850 pounds, this chocolate moose would make approximately 4,250 Stam Chocolate Bars.
The Elwell Family Food Center houses this delectable creature as well as the largest foods department in the nation with 893 contests, 43 of which are new this year. Fairgoers can watch the judging take place or peruse the winners already on display. On the last day, educational seminars will be held about all things cooking and baking.
Over the 11-day course of competition, nearly $60,000 in prizes will be awarded, including Fair premiums and special sponsorship prizes and cash rewards. Judging for the Food Department competitions takes place daily in the four judging rooms located in the Elwell Family Food Center.
"Nothing Compares" to the 2012 Iowa State Fair, August 9-19. Save money on advance admission tickets now through August 8 (while supplies last). For more information, call 800/545-FAIR or visit iowastatefair.org.
* * *
Tags See All Tags