- Discount - Access 2010 For Dummies
- Discount - Adobe Dreamweaver CS5.5 Student And Teacher Edition
- Buy OEM OS X Mountain Lion: The Missing Manual
- Discount - Global Delight Voila 3 MAC
- Discount - Lynda.com - CSS: Styling Navigation
- Discount - ForkLift 2.5 MAC
- Download Adobe Dreamweaver CS5 MAC
- Buy OEM Corel Designer Technical Suite X4
- Download Rosetta Stone - Learn Italian (Level 1, 2, 3, 4, & 5 Set)
- Buy Corel Video Studio Pro X2 (en)
- Buy Altova DatabaseSpy 2009 (en)
- 169.95$ Autodesk Showcase 2009 cheap oem
|A Monumental Day|
|News Releases - Military & Veterans News|
|Written by Rep. Dave Loebsack|
|Friday, 26 April 2013 07:50|
This week, I had the privilege to welcome members of the Eastern Iowa Honor Flight to our nation’s capital. Honor Flights bring World War II and Korean War Veterans to Washington to visit the Memorials that were built in their honor. Take a minute to watch a quick video I made after their visit.
As you can see from the video, it was a beautiful day for the vets to come to Washington and be honored for their service. Welcoming these servicemembers is one of my favorite things to do. As a token of my appreciation, I presented them each with a copy of the official Congressional Record statement that I made to recognize this trip and their service. I also gave each of them a copy of the Constitution.
As a member of the House Armed Services Committee, I have worked to improve care and benefits for our servicemembers and veterans, including expanding Post 9/11 GI Bill benefits for the National Guard; expanding access to mental health care; helping our veterans find civilian jobs; and opening new Community Based Outpatient Clinics to improve access to VA services for Iowa veterans. I also recently co-introduced bipartisan legislation to eliminate the waiting period for Social Security Disability Insurance benefits for servicemembers wounded in combat.
We cannot thank our servicemembers and veterans enough for their service to our nation. Honor Flights are an incredible statement of support for our World War II and Korean War Veterans, and I was honored and humbled to join our Iowa Veterans at the World War II Memorial.
Tags See All Tags