- Buy Cheap Autodesk AutoCAD Revit MEP Suite 2012
- Buy Cheap Boris Continuum Complete 6 AE
- Buy Sony ACID Pro 6 (en)
- Buy OEM Adobe Photoshop CS6 Extended Student And Teacher Edition
- 29.95$ JThink Jaikoz Audio Tagger 3 MAC cheap oem
- Buy OEM Maplesoft Maple 14 MAC
- Buy Microsoft Office Project Professional 2010 with SP1 (32-bit & 64-bit) (cs,da,de,en,es,fi,fr,he,hu,it,ja,ko,nb,nl,pl,ru,sv,tr,pt,ar,el,sk,sl,uk)
- 29.95$ Infinite Skills - Learning Autodesk Mudbox 2012 cheap oem
- Download Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Enterprise R2 SP2 (32 bit)
- Buy MathWorks PTC MathCAD 14 (en)
- Discount - Corel AfterShot Pro
- Buy Photoshop Elements 9: The Missing Manual (en)
|A New Approach to Eating|
|News Releases - Health, Medicine & Nutrition|
|Written by Amy Stockwell Mercer|
|Wednesday, 24 July 2013 14:08|
Mindfulness is very in and could just help your A1C and your waistline.
How many of us eat dinner in front of the nightly news, or lean over the newspaper while we sip our coffee at breakfast? How many of us walk, talk or drive while eating? The answer is almost everyone. And when we're finished eating, all too often we realize we ate more than we'd planned. Diabetes or no, overeating is not good for blood sugar control or weight management. But how do we make a change — from mindless eating to mindful eating — when our lives are too busy to stop and smell the risotto?
What is it?
Conscious and Conscience
Weight management has not been an issue for Nielsen, a busy working mom, but she feels that incorporating mindful eating has helped with her diabetes management and maintaining a healthy weight. "I'm eating more intuitively, less emotionally, and am more likely to take in just what I need."
Becoming a mindful eater doesn't mean you have to buy a yoga mat, sit cross legged, and hum every time you feel hungry. It just means, simply paying attention to what you put in your mouth.
A Starter Kit*
Experts suggest starting gradually with mindful eating, eating one meal a day or week in a slower, more attentive manner. Here are some tips to help you get started:
*Adapted from "Mindful Eating May Help with Weight Loss," Harvard Medical School, Harvard Health Publications, HEALTHBeat, July 6, 2011. http://www.health.harvard.edu/healthbeat/mindful-eating-may-help-with-weight-loss
Tags See All Tags