- Buy Infinite Skills - Learning FileMaker Pro 12 MAC (en)
- 99.95$ Pixologic ZBrush 3 MAC cheap oem
- Download Alien Skin Bokeh 2 MAC
- 49.95$ Intuit Quicken Rental Property Manager 2009 cheap oem
- Download Lynda.com - Photoshop CS5: Landscape Photography
- Buy Cheap Autodesk Infrastructure Design Suite Ultimate 2014 (32-bit & 64-bit)
- Buy OEM Excel 2007 Data Analysis For Dummies
- Buy Adobe Contribute CS5 (en,de,es,fr,ja)
- Buy OEM Autodesk AutoCad Civil 3D 2012 (32-bit)
- Buy Cheap Corel DVD MovieFactory 6 PLUS
- Buy Cheap Adobe RoboHelp 9
|AAMI Names New Executive Director|
|News Releases - Business, Economy & Finance|
|Written by Grant Stevens|
|Monday, 29 April 2013 13:30|
(CEDAR RAPIDS, IA) – Mr. Michael Kates of Des Moines, IA has been selected to replace Tom Moore as Executive Director of the African American Museum of Iowa (AAMI). Mr. Moore, one of the founders of the AAMI who has served as the second Executive Director since 2003, announced that his retirement will be effective May 31, 2013.
During his 10 years at the AAMI, Mr. Moore has guided it through the Grand Opening, years of changing exhibits, the Flood of 2008, the economic recession, and dozens of other challenges. A retirement reception open to the public will be held May 25 from 2:00 - 4:00 p.m. at the AAMI, with remarks at 3:00 p.m.
Over the past eight years Mr. Kates has held positions of increasing responsibility at the Fort Des Moines Museum and Education Center in Des Moines, IA, serving as the Executive Director since 2011. He grew up in Waterloo, IA and earned both his B.A. and M.A. degrees in History, with an emphasis in Public History, at the University of Northern Iowa (Cedar Falls, IA); his Master’s Thesis was “The Des Moines Crocker Street YMCA: A Legacy of Leaders.” Michael served our country with a five year tour of duty in the U.S. Marine Corps. Active in his community, Mr. Kates is a member of the Greater Des Moines Community Foundation Community Connect Leadership Program, and serves as a Board Member on the Museum Education Round Table, the South Des Moines Chamber of Commerce, and the Iowa Museum Association, among others. He will become the AAMI Executive Director effective May 1, 2013.
Mr. Kates first public event will be the AAMI’s 20th Anniversary Celebration Banquet on Thursday, May 2, 2013 from 6:00 - 8:30 p.m. at the Cedar Rapids Marriott. More information and tickets for the event are available on-line at www.blackiowa.org. For more information about the AAMI please call 319-862-2101 ext. 223. The AAMI is open Monday-Saturday 10am–4pm and is located at 55 - 12th Ave SE, Cedar Rapids, Iowa.
Tags See All Tags