- Download Aimersoft DVD Backup MAC
- Download Lynda.com - LinkedIn Essential Training
- Buy OEM Autodesk Alias Surface 2012 MAC
- Discount - Telestream ScreenFlow 2 MAC
- Download Autodesk Navisworks Manage 2012 (64-bit)
- Buy Eset Smart Security 6 (32-bit) (en)
- Discount - Symantec Winfax Pro 10.4
- Buy OEM Nik Software Sharpener Pro 3 MAC
- Buy OEM Atomix VirtualDJ Pro 6 MAC
- Download Autodesk Maya 2013 (32-bit)
- Buy Adobe Photoshop CC Student And Teacher Edition (Full LifeTime license) (en,da,de,es,fr,it,nl,pt,sv,tr,hu,pl,fi,cs,ru,uk,ja,ko,zh)
- Buy Adobe RoboHelp 10 (en,de,fr,ja)
|AARP IA News: What Fiscal Cliff Options Mean to Iowans|
|News Releases - Stage & Theatre|
|Written by Ann Black|
|Friday, 07 December 2012 08:29|
Yesterday, Wednesday, Dec. 5, Anthony Carroll, AARP Iowa Associate State Director for Advocacy, and Mary Ann Young, AARP Iowa Executive Council member from Des Moines, met in Washington, D.C. with Senators Chuck Grassley and Tom Harkin, carrying the message of the overwhelming majority of AARP Iowa members to keep Medicare and Social Security cuts out of the “fiscal cliff” negotiations.
After their visits to Capitol Hill, Mary Ann Young, along with AARP’s Director of Policy David Certner, and AARP Colorado volunteer Jean Nofles, were interviewed by CNN. The story will be featured today on CNN’s The Situation Room with Wolf Blitzer from, 4-6 p.m. EST.
Across all party lines, older Americans and Iowans, have serious concerns about efforts to make major changes to health care and retirement benefits they have paid into and depend on – especially as part of any rushed, end-of-year bargaining.
Attached is a news release about the effects the current “fiscal cliff” cuts to Social Security and Medicare would have on the more than 500,000 Iowans, their families and the State of Illinois.Anthony Carroll and Mary Ann Young would be available to talk with you on Friday or next week about their Washington trip and AARP’s efforts to prevent Congress and the White House from eroding these earned benefits and the economic security of all Americans when it is needed the most.
Tags See All Tags