- Buy Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32 bit) (en,ar,bg,cs,da,de,el,es,et,fi,fr,he,hr,hu,it,ja,ko,lt,lv,nb,nl,pl,pt,ro,ru,sk,sl,sr,sv,th,tr,uk,zh)
- Buy OEM Adobe Photoshop Elements 10
- Discount - Aglare DVD Ripper Platinum 6
- Buy Sony Movie Studio Platinum 13 (64-bit) (en)
- Buy OEM Adobe Photoshop Elements 10 MAC
- Buy OEM Lynda.com - Photoshop CS5 for Photographers: Camera Raw 6
- Buy Cheap Pixologic ZBrush 3 MAC
- Buy Cheap Artlantis Studio 5 (32 bit)
- 49.95$ Adobe Premiere Elements 9 cheap oem
- Buy OEM Digital Photography Composition For Dummies
- Buy OEM Autodesk AutoCAD 2012 MAC (64-bit)
- Buy Cheap Sony Vegas Pro 8
- Download Aimersoft DVD Ripper 2 MAC
- Discount - Futuremark PCMark Vantage Advanced
|Absentee Ballots Now Available; Vote By Mail or In-Person at Auditor’s Office.|
|News Releases - Politics & Elections|
|Written by Roland Caldwell|
|Thursday, 03 May 2012 13:12|
DAVENPORT – Scott County Auditor Roxanna Moritz announced today that absentee ballots are now available
for the June 5, 2012 Iowa Primary Election. Absentee ballots can be voted in the Auditor’s Office, or voters may
request ballots be mailed to them. A fill-able Official Absentee Ballot Request form is available at the Auditor’s
webpage http://www.scottcountyiowa.com/auditor/. Voters can also call the Auditor’s Office at 326-8631 and
request that a form be mailed to them. Once the form is completely filled out voters need to sign the form and
return it to the Auditor’s Office, 600 West 4th Street, Davenport, Iowa 52801. Ballots are mailed within 24 hours
of receipt of the request.
Primary elections are elections conducted by the State for the benefit of the two major political parties. The
winners of the primary election then become their party's nominee for office in the November General Election.
Iowa primary elections are "closed primaries" meaning that only voters who publically affiliate through their
voter registration status with a particular party can vote in that party's primary election. Voters may declare
or change party affiliation at the polls on election day by filling out a Change of Party Affiliation Form provided
by the precinct election officials. Absentee voters may change their party affiliation by selecting to receive the
ballot for the party of their choice.
Several nominations for office are contested during this primary election. On the Democratic Party ballot there
is a contested election for the nomination for United States Representative from Iowa's Second District between
incumbent Congressman Dave Loebsack and Iowa State Senator Joe Seng. There is also a contested election for
the nomination for State Senate District 49 between Rita Hart and Dorothy O'Brien.
On the Republican Party ballot there is a contested election for the nomination for United States Representative
from Iowa's Second District between John Archer and Dan Dolan. There is also a contested election for the
nomination for State Senate District 46 between State Senators Jim Hahn and Shawn Hamerlinck. These two
incumbent State Senators were placed into the same State Senate District through the redistricting process.
For more information contact the Scott County Auditor’s Office at 563-326-8631.
Tags See All Tags