- Buy Cheap Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic with SP2 (32bit)
- Buy OEM Adobe SpeedGrade CC (Full LifeTime License)
- Buy Cheap GFI MailSecurity 10.0
- Download Artlantis Studio 5 (32 bit)
- Download IMSI TurboCAD Pro V5 MAC
- Discount - ABest MPEG VCD DVD Video Converter
- Buy Solidworks 2014 Premium (64-bit) (en,cs,fr,de,it,ja,ko,pl,pt,ru,es,tr)
- Buy Cheap Adobe InCopy CC (Full LifeTime License)
- 19.95$ Microsoft Streets & Trips 2011 cheap oem
- 9.95$ Building Web Sites All-in-One For Dummies cheap oem
- Download Autodesk AutoCAD 2014 (32-bit)
- Discount - Adobe Flash Professional CS5.5 MAC
- Download Alien Skin Blow Up 3
|ACT ONE PROGRAM BRINGS HOLLYWOOD TO ROCK ISLAND, IL|
|News Releases - Local Events|
|Written by Jessica Urven|
|Tuesday, 08 July 2008 13:20|
ACT ONE PROGRAM BRINGS HOLLYWOOD TO ROCK ISLAND, IL
HOLLYWOOD | JULY 1. Each year, thousands of hopefuls flock to Hollywood, dreaming of making it big in the film and television business. This year, Hollywood comes to them.
Act One, a Los Angeles-based training program for writers and executives in Hollywood celebrating its 10th Anniversary this year, is partnering with Pepperdine University and Heritage Church to present the Act One Working in Hollywood Seminar in Rock Island, IL. The seminar, scheduled for September 19 and 20, is an intensive weekend program designed to train aspiring writers and producers who are serious about their Christian faith eager to learn more about how to create culture that respects and enriches a global audience.
Participants will study the Hollywood storytelling process, from story development to pitching to the craft of producing spiritually engaging entertainment that is commercially appealing. Under the tutelage of real Hollywood professionals, participants will learn practical lessons on writing outlines and treatments, on creating compelling characters and stories and on the basics of screenwriting format.
Other topics to be discussed during the conference include:
- Finding Your Story: Choosing the right stories, understanding genre and what makes your story stand out from the others.
- The Big Structure Lecture: An overview of the basic three-act structure, illustrated through a breakdown of an epic motion picture.
- Pitching Workshop: Students learn pitching tips, work in small groups to complete a development assignment, and then participate in a pitching session with evaluation from Hollywood pros.
- Breaking Into the Business: A frank dialog between workshop participants and our faculty about the business of show business, what it takes to make it as a professional and as a Christian in Hollywood, and next steps for those who believe God is calling them to an entertainment industry career.
In addition to the Seminar, Act One will be hosting a Hollywood Insider Panel and Discussion from 7-10pm on Friday, September 19. Open to the public, the event will feature a presentation on the activity of the church in Hollywood, a keynote address from a high profile Hollywood professional about the challenges of working on the front lines of the culture, and a Hollywood Insider Panel, which will be a provocative, no-holds-barred Q&A about life and work in the world’s most influential mission field.
Date: Friday, September 19, 1pm to 10pm and Saturday, September 20, 10am to 6pm
Location: Heritage Church, 4801 44th Street, Rock Island IL 61201
Cost: $175 if registered before August 1, $195 after August 1. $10 for Hollywood Insider Event only. To register, go to www.actoneprogram.com, or call (323) 464-0815.
Speakers: Dr. Thom Parham (writer JAG, screenwriting professor, Azusa Pacific University); Dean Batali (Writer, producer, That ‘70s Show, Buffy the Vampire Slayer)
Act One, Inc., is a nonprofit organization that has trained Christians of all denominations for careers in mainstream film and television for the past ten years. Stressing artistry, excellence, professionalism, and Christian spirituality, Act One prepares students to pursue careers marked by personal integrity and professional excellence, in writers rooms, on sets, and in studio and network offices. The end goal is not to produce explicitly religious entertainment, but movie and TV projects that respect and serve the global audience, combining mastery of craft with great depth and meaning. Over ten years, Act One has amassed a vast alumni network of writers, producers, directors and entertainment executives who are dedicated to producing excellent work for a global audience.
Tags See All Tags