- Buy OEM Alien Skin Eye Candy 7
- Buy OEM Photoshop Elements 8 for Mac: The Missing Manual
- Download Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 MAC
- 89.95$ Rosetta Stone - Learn Portuguese (Level 1, 2 & 3 Set) cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Adobe Creative Suite 6 Master Collection (32-bit)
- Buy Excel 2010 For Dummies Quick Reference (en)
- Discount - Autodesk AutoCAD Plant 3D 2011
- 9.95$ Outlook 2007 All-in-One Desk Reference For Dummies cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Omni Group OmniGraphSketcher MAC
- Buy Cheap Corel PhotoImpact X3
- Download Mac OS X Snow Leopard Just the Steps For Dummies
- Download Microsoft Streets & Trips 2010
|ADOPTIVE MOMS LAUNCH NEW IOWA ADOPTION ADVOCACY ORGANIZATION|
|News Releases - General Info|
|Written by Valerie Aguilera|
|Friday, 25 April 2014 08:59|
WAVERLY – Valerie Aguilera and Shelley Skuster, both adoptive moms from Waverly, have launched a statewide adoption support and advocacy organization, the Modern Moses Foundation.
“We realized there isn’t a go-to organization for adoptive families to head to for support, resources and encouragement,” said Skuster.
“That’s why we wanted to start a statewide organization to really reach out to these families,” she added.
Skuster and her husband adopted a newborn daughter from Texas in August.
“We also realize that while every family is unique, there is a common thread between all of us who have chosen to grow our families through adoption,” said Aguilera who has two biological children with her husband. The family recently finalized the adoption of their daughter from foster care in April.
Aguilera and Skuster attribute their faith and strong passion for adoption in making the Modern Moses Foundation a reality.
The organization’s website, www.ModernMosesFoundation.org, showcases a variety of supporters, including area businesses and organizations, that have a heart for adoptive families in Iowa.
“We have a handful of really talented photographers across the state who are offering customized packages for adoptive families. A lot of them are waiving the fees for adoption milestones like court hearings or homecomings,” said Skuster.
“We’ve received such great support from churches and businesses, too. We know this type of organization is needed for adoptive families in Iowa, and we’re excited to offer fun events where adoptive families can get to know one another,” said Aguilera.
The Modern Moses Foundation is planning its first event, a statewide picnic for adoptive families, in August. The “Picnic in the Park” is scheduled for Saturday, August 9th in Waverly.
“We’re still working out the details, but we’re confident we’ll have some great sponsors for our first big event,” said Aguilera.
Additionally, the organization plans to host monthly coffee meetings for adoptive moms, and volunteers will send homemade food baskets to new adoptive families in the state.
“Our goal is really just to embrace and support all families blessed with adoption,” said Aguilera.
# # #
Tags See All Tags