- Buy Cheap Electric Rain Swift 3d v6 MAC
- Buy Cheap Avid Media Composer 5 MAC
- Buy OEM Lynda.com - Finale 2012 Essential Training
- Buy Sony ACID Music Studio 8 (en,es,fr,ja)
- Discount - TamoSoft CommView For WiFi 6 Full
- Buy Photoshop Lightroom 2 For Dummies (en)
- Discount - Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2013
- Buy Cheap Adobe Fireworks CS6 MAC
- Discount - Autodesk NavisWorks Review 2009
- 259.95$ Adobe Creative Suite 6 Design & Web Premium cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Adobe Illustrator CS5 MAC
- Buy Adobe Illustrator CS5 (en,da,de,es,it,fr,nl,pt,br,sv,cs,pl,tr,ja,ko)
- Buy Adobe Dreamweaver CS6 (en,ja,de,es,fr,it,nl,pt,sv,hu,pl,cs,tr,ko)
- Download Autodesk AutoCAD Inventor Professional Suite 2010 (32 bit)
- Discount - Autodesk AutoCAD Mechanical 2010 (32 bit)
|ADOPTIVE MOMS LAUNCH NEW IOWA ADOPTION ADVOCACY ORGANIZATION|
|News Releases - General Info|
|Written by Valerie Aguilera|
|Friday, 25 April 2014 08:59|
WAVERLY – Valerie Aguilera and Shelley Skuster, both adoptive moms from Waverly, have launched a statewide adoption support and advocacy organization, the Modern Moses Foundation.
“We realized there isn’t a go-to organization for adoptive families to head to for support, resources and encouragement,” said Skuster.
“That’s why we wanted to start a statewide organization to really reach out to these families,” she added.
Skuster and her husband adopted a newborn daughter from Texas in August.
“We also realize that while every family is unique, there is a common thread between all of us who have chosen to grow our families through adoption,” said Aguilera who has two biological children with her husband. The family recently finalized the adoption of their daughter from foster care in April.
Aguilera and Skuster attribute their faith and strong passion for adoption in making the Modern Moses Foundation a reality.
The organization’s website, www.ModernMosesFoundation.org, showcases a variety of supporters, including area businesses and organizations, that have a heart for adoptive families in Iowa.
“We have a handful of really talented photographers across the state who are offering customized packages for adoptive families. A lot of them are waiving the fees for adoption milestones like court hearings or homecomings,” said Skuster.
“We’ve received such great support from churches and businesses, too. We know this type of organization is needed for adoptive families in Iowa, and we’re excited to offer fun events where adoptive families can get to know one another,” said Aguilera.
The Modern Moses Foundation is planning its first event, a statewide picnic for adoptive families, in August. The “Picnic in the Park” is scheduled for Saturday, August 9th in Waverly.
“We’re still working out the details, but we’re confident we’ll have some great sponsors for our first big event,” said Aguilera.
Additionally, the organization plans to host monthly coffee meetings for adoptive moms, and volunteers will send homemade food baskets to new adoptive families in the state.
“Our goal is really just to embrace and support all families blessed with adoption,” said Aguilera.
# # #
Tags See All Tags