News Releases -
Written by Holly Nomura
Friday, 02 December 2011 08:58
For the fifth consecutive holiday season, The Hungry Hobo restaurants in the Quad Cities will partner with The Salvation Army by collecting donations in the iconic Red Kettles throughout the Red Kettle Campagin and into January.
But this year, a 12th kettle has been added in their new LeClaire location complete with a beautiful riverfront view!
These smaller kettles, all donated by The Hungry Hobo, will sit on the countertops of all local Hungry Hobo restaurants collecting change and dollar bills. It is another example of a simple act that can help a person or family in crisis. “Every year, the Hungry Hobo customers astound us with their generosity,” states Holly Nomura, Development Director.
When you see a counter kettle at your favorite Hungry Hobo location, please give generously and make sure to thank them for hosting the kettle. "The Hungry Hobo is honored to be able to partner with The Salvation Army to help the needy throughout the Quad-City area," said Pryce T. Boeye, President, CEO of The Hungry Hobo.
In fact, 82 cents of every dollar you put into the counter kettle sustains The Salvation Army’s life- transforming programs which include shelter, food and clothing for individuals and families with no where else to turn.
Please dine at the following eleven locations where you can find Salvation Army counter kettles:
The Twelve Hungry Hobo Locations are:
- Bettendorf: 2320 Spruce Hills Drive
- Davenport: 4810 Elmore Avenue
- Davenport: 903 E. Kimberly Rd. (Old Town)
- Davenport:1432 W. Locust St.
- Davenport: 1640 W. 53rd Street
- LeClaire: 1109 Canal Shore Drive
- Moline: 4101 44th Avenue,
- Moline: 1635 Ave. of the Cities (Browning Field)
- East Moline: 4117 Kennedy Drive (Kennedy Square),
- East Moline: 1842 18th Avenue
- Milan: 902 W. 4th Street
- Rock Island: 2532 18th Avenue