- Download ACDSee Photo Manager 2009
- Discount - Autodesk Alias Design 2014 (64-bit)
- Download Rosetta Stone - Learn Hebrew (Level 1, 2 Set)
- Buy OEM Adobe Photoshop CS5.5 Extended MAC
- Buy Cheap Nikon Camera Control Pro 2 MAC
- Buy OEM Microsoft Windows 8 Enterprise (32-bit)
- Buy OEM Nikon Capture NX 2
- Discount - Apple Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard
- Download Adobe ColdFusion 9 Enterprise edition MAC (64-bit)
- Discount - Autodesk AutoCAD Architecture 2014 (32-bit)
- Discount - Adobe Creative Suite 5.5 Web Premium
- Buy Adobe Creative Suite 6 Design Standard MAC (en,ja,da,de,es,fr,it,nl,pt,sv,fi)
|Allen Schares named Iowa Public Radio Music Director|
|News Releases - Media & Communications|
|Written by Iowa Public Radio|
|Monday, 16 February 2009 11:30|
Allen Schares, content manager for Iowa Public Radio’s contemporary music stream Studio One, has been named music director for Iowa Public Radio. In this new role, Schares will lead the efforts of IPR’s two music services, Iowa Public Radio Classical and Studio One. Schares’ appointment became effective February 10.
“Iowa Public Radio's classical and alternative music streams will benefit greatly from the organizational experience and leadership skills Al brings to the job as he and his colleagues endeavor to present the highest quality public radio music programming possible to the people of Iowa,” says Mary Grace Herrington, CEO of Iowa Public Radio.
Schares’ public radio background includes more than 20 years in various critical roles from program host and producer to music director of Iowa Public Radio's KUNI stations and, most recently, AAA content manager for IPR's Studio One network. His responsibilities as music director for IPR will include leadership, management and oversight of all Iowa Public Radio music activities for both the classical network and Studio One, including programming, online music-related content and live musical events.
"I'm looking forward to working with the incredibly talented music staff of Iowa Public Radio,” says Schares. “Together, we'll work to bring the best classical and contemporary music to Iowans as we redouble our efforts to reflect the eclectic tastes of our listeners and continue our support of homegrown artists."
Iowa Public Radio offers three streams of programming—news, classical music and alternative music—and broadcasts throughout the state on over 21 frequencies. Iowa Public Radio includes WSUI-AM and KSUI-FM at the University of Iowa, WOI-AM and WOI-FM at Iowa State University, and KUNI-FM and KHKE-FM at the University of Northern Iowa. The operations have combined revenues of over $6 million annually and about 60 employees.
The five member Iowa Public Radio Board of Directors includes one representative from each of the three state universities as well as two Iowans appointed by the Board of Regents.
Tags See All Tags