- Download Autodesk AutoCAD Architecture 2014 (32-bit)
- Buy ModelRight Professional 3.0 (en)
- Buy Autodesk AutoCAD Civil 3D Land Desktop Companion 2009 (en)
- Buy Cheap Microsoft Office 2011 Home & Student MAC
- Discount - TamoSoft CommView For WiFi 6 Full
- 59.95$ Microsoft Digital Image Suite 2006 cheap oem
- Download Apple Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger
- Buy Cheap Roxio Creator 2011 Pro
- Buy Adobe Creative Suite 6 Production Premium (32-bit) (en,de,es,fr,it,ja)
- Download Frischluft Effects Pack
- Download Lynda.com - iOS SDK Essential Training
|Analysis of House Republican Plan to Reduce Funding for Law Enforcement in Iowa|
|News Releases - Civic News & Info|
|Written by Sen. Tom Harkin|
|Monday, 09 May 2011 13:20|
DATE: May 6, 2011
On Friday, April 15th, the U.S. House of Representatives passed a budget for the upcoming year on a party line vote. The plan sharply reduces the federal government’s investments in education and infrastructure – investments that are necessary to ensure our country remains competitive in the global economy and generates jobs in both the short and long term. It makes huge reductions in spending that are largely offset by completely extending the Bush 2001 and 2003 tax breaks, which were targeted towards the very wealthy.
The House Republican plan would also significantly reduce funding for state and local law enforcement assistance provided by the Department of Justice by calling for the same cuts proposed in H.R.1, the budget proposal that was put forth by the House, and rejected by the Senate, earlier this year. These cuts would eliminate $250 million from state and local law enforcement, most significantly impacting the Edward Byrne Memorial Justice Assistance Grants (JAG) program and Community Oriented Police Services (COPS).
Last year, over $24 million in Byrne grants came to Iowa, supporting jobs for over 90 Iowans who are directly responsible for making our state safer.
In Iowa, Byrne-funded drug task forces:
Tags See All Tags