- Buy Intuit Quicken 2007 Home & Business (en)
- Download 4Media DVD to iPod Converter 5
- Buy Cheap Video with Adobe Flash CS4 Professional Studio Techniques
- Download Adobe Photoshop CS5 Classroom in a Book
- Discount - Lynda.com - Access 2010 - Forms and Reports in Depth
- Buy Cheap Nik Software Complete Collection 2013 MAC
- Buy Adobe Flex Builder Professional 3 MAC (en)
- Buy Cheap Adobe Creative Suite 5.5 Design Standard MAC
- Buy OEM Lynda.com - Up And Running With Tumblr
- Download Apple iLife `08 MAC
- Discount - Autodesk Maya 2013 MAC (64-bit)
- Buy Cheap Lynda.com - Web Redesign: Strategies for Success
- Download Lynda.com - Joomla!: Creating and Editing Custom Templates
- Discount - Paragon CampTune 8 MAC
|And You Thought Your Work-Life Balance Was Difficult …|
|News Releases - General Info|
|Written by Ginny Grimsley|
|Friday, 13 December 2013 15:58|
Dad of Quadruplets Shares What He Learned Juggling Family
Life and Successful Business Career
Larry Katzen forged an ambitious career as a leader at one of the world’s most prestigious accounting firms.
But he has been equally ambitious with his family life; he’s the father of quadruplets—three sons and a daughter. And he felt it was important to serve his community, sitting on more than 10 boards of directors.
“It was an incredible challenge and I don’t regret one minute of it!” says Katzen, author of “And You Thought Accountants Were Boring - My Life Inside Arthur Andersen,” (Larryrkatzen.com), a look at working in one of the world’s most historically important accounting firms while nurturing bonds with his wife and children.
“The quadruplets were born April 22, 1974, before multiple births became fairly common, so we were front-page news and featured on all the national TV news shows,” Katzen says. “But that also tells you there weren’t many other parents who could give us advice, and certainly no internet forums to turn to!”
At the time, Katzen was also working his way up the ladder and taking on new challenges at Arthur Andersen, one of the “Big 8” accounting firms. How did he and his wife, Susan, manage?
“It comes down to sticking to some basic principles: doing the right thing, for one, and listening to your heart,” Katzen says.
He draws on his 35-year career and family life to offer these tips for working parents with multiple children:
About Larry Katzen
After graduating from Drake University in 1967, Larry Katzen started working at Arthur Andersen and quickly rose through the ranks to become the Great Plains Regional Managing Partner. An honorable, hard-working man who devoted his life to Arthur Andersen, Larry was there from the company’s meteoric rise to its unjust demise. He stayed with the firm for 35 years, serving clients globally until 2002. In his new memoir, And You Thought Accountants Were Boring - My Life Inside Arthur Andersen, Katzen details the political fodder in the government’s prosecution of Enron; how the company was unjustly dismantled for its supposed connections to the corruption; its vindication and why it came too late, and the devastating impact it had on 85,000 employees.
Tags See All Tags