- Buy OEM Lynda.com - Foundations of Typography
- 199.95$ Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Enterprise R2 SP2 (64 bit) cheap oem
- Buy Cheap ABest Video to MOV MPEG Converter
- 19.95$ Efreesky Magic Utilities 2008 cheap oem
- Download Adobe InDesign CS5 Classroom in a Book
- Buy Autodesk Showcase 2012 (32-bit) (en,de,fr,ja)
- Download Lynda.com - Virtual Instruments in Logic Pro
- Buy Cheap Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic with SP2 (64 bit)
- Buy Autodesk AutoCAD Electrical 2010 (32 bit) (en)
- Buy Cheap Real World Adobe Photoshop CS5 for Photographers
- 199.95$ Blackmagicdesign DaVinci Resolve 7 MAC cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Microsoft Office Visio Professional 2007 SP2
|Andrea Ver Meer participates in service project during winter break|
|News Releases - Education & Schools|
|Written by Sarah Vander Plaats|
|Tuesday, 17 December 2013 14:04|
SIOUX CENTER, IA (12/17/2013)(readMedia)-- Andrea Ver Meer of Davenport, Iowa, is one of the 44 Dordt College students and eight staff and faculty members who will travel overseas during winter break with AMOR (A Mission OutReach) mission project. She will go to Haiti and work with Children of the Promise.
Ver Meer is a freshman majoring in nursing.
AMOR is part of the college's growing mission to join scholarship and service. For the first time, the college paired AMOR with a campus-wide semester project called AGILE, Approaching Global issues through Interdisciplinary Learning Experiences. During the first semester students participated in AGILE through their coursework, uncovering specific causes of and solutions to the global problem of high child and infant mortality rates.
Throughout the process, students worked with global nonprofit organizations. Their work continues with these five organizations during AMOR: Caribbean Lifetime Missions in Jamaica, Children of the Promise in Haiti, Ethiopia Reads in Ethiopia, One Body One Hope in Liberia, and World Renew in Tanzania.
Dordt College encourages international mission work because of the cross-cultural learning opportunity it presents to students. A common thread throughout the stories shared by past AMOR participants is that their time in other cultures helped them learn about themselves and about God's love and work around the globe.
Dordt College, in Sioux Center, Iowa, was recently named an honor roll member by the President's Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll, which recognizes institutions of higher education that promote community service and show meaningful results in their communities. Learn more at www.dordt.edu.
Tags See All Tags