- 299.95$ Autodesk Alias Automotive 2012 cheap oem
- Buy Intuit TurboTax Home & Business 2013 USA MAC (en)
- Buy OEM Chief Architect Premier X6
- Buy OEM Apple Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard
- Discount - Rosetta Stone - Learn Swedish (Level 1, 2 & 3 Set) MAC
- 59.95$ Intuit Quicken Home & Business 2011 cheap oem
- 189.95$ Adobe Creative Suite 5 Design Premium Student And Teacher Edition MAC cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Microsoft Windows 8 (32 bit)
- 19.95$ Delicious Library 2 MAC cheap oem
- Buy Ashampoo WinOptimizer 5 (en)
- 39.95$ Nuance PDF Converter Professional 7 cheap oem
- 89.95$ Rosetta Stone - Learn French (Level 1, 2 & 3 Set) MAC cheap oem
- 99.95$ Rosetta Stone - Learn German (Level 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5 Set) cheap oem
|Animal Advocates Lobby Iowa Lawmakers for Animal Welfare Legislation|
|News Releases - General Info|
|Written by Jordan Crump|
|Monday, 14 February 2011 08:45|
(Feb. 11, 2011) – Citizens from across Iowa participating in Humane Lobby Day 2011 will meet with lawmakers Tuesday at the capitol to urge them to oppose SF 83, which would allow the shooting of mourning doves. The Humane Society of the United States, The American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals and The Iowa Federation of Humane Societies are sponsoring Humane Lobby Day.
Attendees will urge their representatives to oppose SF 83, which is sponsored by Sen. Dick Dearden, D-Des Moines. This legislation would allow the shooting of mourning doves, which have been protected in Iowa since 1918. If this legislation is passed the birds would essentially be shot for target practice, not for food or management.
Animal welfare advocates will also take this opportunity to introduce themselves to their representatives and discuss the importance of animal welfare in the state.
Rep. Jim Lykam, D-Davenport, and Sen. Matt McCoy, D-Des Moines will be on hand at the event to receive HSUS Humane Legislator awards for their work on the 2010 puppy mill bill.
WHO: Carol Griglione, The HSUS’ Iowa State Director
Ann Church, senior director of ASPCA Government Relations
WHAT: Iowa citizens will meet with their state legislators to lobby for animal welfare legislation.
WHEN: Tuesday, February 15
WHERE: State Capitol
1007 East Grand Avenue – Level 1
Des Moines, IA
Tags See All Tags