- Buy Palm Pre: The Missing Manual (en)
- Download Autodesk Alias Surface 2014 MAC
- Buy Smith Micro Poser 7 (en)
- 259.95$ Autodesk AutoCad 2011 MAC cheap oem
- Buy OEM Corel Designer Technical Suite X4
- Buy OEM Infinite Skills - Introduction To AJAX With jQuery MAC
- Buy OEM ElcomSoft Advanced Access Password Recovery 2.5
- Buy iPad: The Missing Manual (en)
- 329.95$ Autodesk AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013 (64 bit) cheap oem
- Buy Kigo M4V Converter MAC (en)
- Buy Cheap Infinite Skills - Learning Sketchup MAC
- Discount - Autodesk Sketchbook Designer 2011
- Buy Cheap Xilisoft Audio Maker 3
- Buy Cheap Ashampoo Magical Snap 2
- 259.95$ Autodesk AutoCAD Mechanical 2010 (32 bit) cheap oem
|Anne Frank connection to Danville, Iowa|
|News Releases - General Info|
|Written by M. McNeil|
|Tuesday, 27 November 2012 12:42|
The project deals with Anne Frank having a pen pal in Danville Iowa before her family went into hiding. You can learn more about it at http://www.traces.org/anne.
Very few people know about it but there is a very small museum telling about the Anne Frank connection in Danville. They would like to raise money for an expansion. They have been working on it and raised enough to buy a couple parcels of land to build on to the current museum.
It's cute when Anne says in one of her letters that she cannot find Danville on her map of Iowa but finds Burlington. She wonders if it is close (and it is). Therefore, when I learned of the story two years ago, I asked two girls from Burlington to write the story. They did a fabulous job and I love their illustrations too. It's being prepared for print right now.
More about the authors here: http://myemail.
There is a FB page as well: http://www.facebook.com/pages/
Anne also writes the young lady in Danville about her post card collection. She even sent her a post card from Amsterdam. So three things are about to happen (on December 5)
1. The children of Danville are launching a post card collection as they would like post cards from all over the world to be sent to them. They hope to collect 1.5 million cards to honor the 1.5 million Jewish children who died in the Holocaust.
2. Their historical society is launching their building fund to raise $450,000 using Indiegogo (a crowd funding platform). This will happen at the same time as the news about the post card project on 12/5.
3. The children's book entitled Oceans Apart (one of my A BOOK by ME series) will be a reward for giving toward the fundraising effort.
With it being so close to Christmas, I think a lot of people will be interested in helping them reach their goal with the post cards and giving toward their educational center.
Tags See All Tags