- Buy Microsoft Office 2011 Home & Student Family Pack MAC (en,da,de,ru,it,fr,es,fi,nl,nb,pl,sv,ja)
- Buy Lynda.com - CSS For Developers (en)
- Buy Apple Mac OS X 10.7 Lion (en,ja,fr,de,es,it,pt,ne,sv,nb,da,fi,pl,ko,zh,cs,hu,tr)
- Buy Cheap Adobe Flex Builder Professional 3
- Buy Adobe Flash CS4 Professional (en,ja,ko,zh,de,es,fr,it,nl,pt,da,fi,no,sv)
- 19.95$ Roxio Easy Media Creator Suite 10 cheap oem
- Buy Eyeon Fusion 6 (64 bit) (en)
- Buy Cheap Lynda.com - Photoshop CS4 for the Web
- Download Ashampoo Burning Studio 8
- Download Windows 7 For Seniors For Dummies
- Buy Cheap Lynda.com - Excel 2013 Essential Training
- Discount - Adobe InDesign CS5
- Buy Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 (en)
|Annual Salary Report Now Posted to Auditor's Web Page|
|News Releases - Stage & Theatre|
|Written by Richard Martin|
|Friday, 20 July 2012 13:47|
Scott County Auditor Roxanna Moritz announced today that she has posted on-line the annual salary report for Scott County employees. This new listing is available on the Auditor’s webpage at the county website, http://www.scottcountyiowa.com/auditor.
Iowa law requires newspaper publication of salaries paid to persons regularly employed by the county showing the amount of annual salary for each employee. The Scott County Auditor's Office provides this report for publication after closing out payroll for the fiscal year ending on June 30th.
“One function of my office is to pay the county’s payroll and produce an annual salary report. We decided that posting the annual salary report on-line is a good way to help the public better understand how the county spends tax money. This is the taxpayers' money and the public has the right to know how tax money is spent,” Moritz said.
"More state and local governments provide this information on-line. For example, the State of Iowa provides public employee salaries on-line in a searchable database. Besides government listings, private entities use public information to create their own on-line reports. For example the Des Moines Register and the Iowa City Press Citizen have created their own searchable databases for public employees in various Iowa cities. In a sense Scott County is catching up with what others are already
doing," Moritz said.
Auditor Moritz believes that posting this salary report on-line will increase access to public information and is part of her ongoing effort to increase government transparency. Earlier in 2011 she ordered on-line posting of the County's accounts payable report showing how each county department actually spends tax funds approved by the Board of Supervisors.
“When I came into office my staff and I examined some of the possibilities for increasing public access to how the County does business,” Moritz said. "We wanted to partner with other county departments to improve our on-line transparency."
Auditor Moritz has additional plans to increase on-line access to public information. “This is another venture at providing public information on-line. In the future we hope to provide even more information on-line and in searchable formats,” Moritz said.
Tags See All Tags