- Buy OEM Lynda.com - CSS Animations
- Buy OEM Smith Micro Poser 7
- Buy Autodesk AutoCAD Structural Detailing 2014 (32-bit & 64-bit) (en,de,ru,es,fr,it,pl)
- 149.95$ Boris Final Effect Complete Multilangual 5.0 cheap oem
- Download I.R.I.S. Readiris 11 Pro
- Buy Solidworks 2010 Premium (64-bit) (en,ru,es,pl,pt,ja,ko,de,it,cs,fr,zh)
- Download Adobe Creative Suite 6 Production Premium (32-bit)
- 79.95$ Adobe InDesign CS4 cheap oem
- 59.95$ Microsoft Office Powerpoint 2007 cheap oem
- Buy Adobe Creative Suite 6 Master Collection (32-bit) (en,ja,de,es,fr,it,nl,pt,sv,cs,hu,ar,he,pl,ro,ru,tr,uk)
- Buy Adobe Creative Suite 5 Design Premium All-in-One For Dummies (en)
- 59.95$ Runtime Revolution Enterprise 2.9 cheap oem
- 99.95$ Smith Micro Poser 8 MAC cheap oem
|Are Your Meetings a Waste of Time?|
|News Releases - Business & Economy|
|Written by Ginny Grimsley|
|Monday, 17 February 2014 13:28|
CEO Shares Tips for Encouraging Productive Collaboration
In survey after survey, meetings get knocked by everyone from employees to senior executives as being among the biggest waste of work hours.
In one poll, by Office Team, 45 percent of senior executives said their firms would be more productive if they banned all meetings at least one day a week!
“The problem that often occurs – beyond the obvious, like lacking a clear agenda – is the underlying current of competition that each person brings to the table,” says Berny Dohrmann, chairman and founder of CEO Space International, and author of “Redemption: The Cooperation Revolution,” (www.ceospaceinternational.com
“Competition pulls people apart; cooperation brings them together. Signs that competition is causing unproductive meetings include one or two people dominating the floor; individuals touting their achievements; people consistently failing to contribute their ideas because they fear being criticized or ridiculed.”
The drive to compete is so ingrained in most of us, we often don’t recognize it, Dohrmann says.
“We get it culturally. We learn it in school. It’s often reinforced within our own families as we’re growing up. We have to be aware of that and identify the culture we want, and then set about creating it – beginning with our meetings.”
Cooperative meetings yield far better results, he says. People working together toward a goal are more efficient, more productive, and even happier. The group pulling together toward the same goal will achieve that goal far more quickly than individuals each pulling in opposite directions, Dohrmann says.
How can you turn competition into cooperation – and wasted meetings into fruitful gatherings? He offers these suggestions:
About Berny Dohrmann
Berny Dohrmann is chairman and founder of CEO Space International, one of the largest support organizations for business owners. As the inventor of Super Teaching, a Title I technology that accelerates retention for public schools, he is a frequently a guest speaker to various nations, VIP conferences and television programs. As a member of the Dohrmann family, which operated the largest global resort-outfitting firm as Dohrmann Hotel Supply for several generations, he grew up with several business mentors, including Napoleon Hill, Earl Nightingale, Walt Disney, Warner Earnhardt, Bucky Fuller, Dr. Edward Deming and Jack Kennedy. He has learned from both success and adversity: Indicted for criminal contempt for a $86,000 junk bund from an investment banking firm he had sold, he fought the charge in court, but lost in 1995 and went to prison for 18 months. He has since made a documentary about the experience.
Tags See All Tags