- Buy Adobe InCopy CS6 (en,ko,ja,da,de,es,fr,it,no,nl,pt,fi,sv,hu,pl,tr,cs)
- Discount - Microsoft Office 2010 Home and Student with SP1 (32-bit & 64-bit)
- Buy Adobe Acrobat XI Standard MAC (en,fr,pt,ja,ko,cs,da,nl,fi,de,hu,it,nb,pl,ro,ru,es,sv,uk,tr)
- 19.95$ 4Media DVD to PS3 Converter 5 cheap oem
- Download Adobe Illustrator CS4 MAC
- 329.95$ Siemens Solid Edge ST4 (32 bit) cheap oem
- Buy Adobe Photoshop CS5.5 Extended MAC (en,da,de,es,fr,it,no,pt,sv,cs,ro,tr,pl,ja,ko)
- Buy Sony Sound Forge Audio Studio 9 (en)
- 199.95$ Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate cheap oem
- 299.95$ Solidworks 2009 Premium SP4 (64-bit) cheap oem
- Discount - Adobe After Effects CS5.5 MAC
- 89.95$ Rosetta Stone - Learn Italian (Level 1, 2, 3, 4, & 5 Set) cheap oem
- Download Lynda.com - Flash Professional CS6 New Features
|Area Teachers to Testify at Public Hearing on Education Reform|
|News Releases - Education & Schools|
|Written by Jean Hessburg|
|Wednesday, 14 March 2012 13:42|
Frontline Professionals Are a Good Resource for What's Going on in the Classroom
DES MOINES, IA (03/05/2012)(readMedia)-- Iowa educators are expected to come out in force for Monday night's public hearing on House File 2380. Public school teachers will give their ideas about what makes good sense in the classroom.
"We need more decisions, not fewer, to be made at the local level with the educators who are in the classrooms, the administrators in the schools, and the parents working together. All of us are accountable for our students' success, so let's include all of us in the decision making, " said Chris Bern, president, Iowa State Education Association during his prepared remarks.
Teachers commented on controversial aspects of the Governor's education reform bill including third grade retention, online learning, and too many changes.
"Holding an eight-year-old back based on a test score determined at the state level completely undermines a decision which should be made at the local level in coordination with the parent, teacher, and administrator of the student. How can a test score possibly take the place of a determination by those most in-the-know at the local level?" said Josh Wager, Des Moines middle school teacher.
"In a rush to develop exclusionary online programs, we run the risk of eliminating some of the most valuable input and feedback a student can have for development: the human element. While online content can provide rigor; it is essential that human interaction be maintained, one-on-one," said Timm Pilcher, Des Moines high school teacher.
"My biggest concern is that we continue to jump from one education reform idea to the next. We don't finish anything, thus we can't even know if these reforms could be effective." said Ann Swenson, Waukee music teacher.
Eight educators will give remarks at tonight's hearing. Their remarks can be found on the ISEA website.
The ISEA is a professional association made up of nearly 34,000 educators who are dedicated to supporting and protecting a quality public education for all Iowa students. Great Education. It's an Iowa Basic!
Tags See All Tags