- Download Adobe Creative Suite 5 Design Standard Student And Teacher Edition
- Buy OEM Infinite Skills - Learning FileMaker Pro 12 MAC
- Buy OEM Microsoft Visio Standard 2013
- 99.95$ Microsoft Project Standard 2013 cheap oem
- Buy Autodesk Mudbox 2012 (64-bit) (en,de,fr,ja)
- 9.95$ Lynda.com - Analyzing Your Web Site to Improve SEO cheap oem
- Discount - Lynda.com - CSS: Page Layouts
- Buy OEM Chief Architect Premier X6
- Buy Microsoft Office Excel 2010 with SP1 (32-bit & 64-bit) (cs,da,de,en,es,fi,fr,he,hu,it,ja,ko,nb,nl,pl,pt,ru,sv,tr,ar,bg,el,et,hi,kk,lt,lv,ro,sk,sl,sr,th,uk)
- Download Lynda.com - Trapcode Particular Essential Training
- Discount - Microsoft Office 2010 Home and Business with SP1 (32-bit & 64-bit)
- Buy Cheap Apple Aperture 3 MAC
- Download Adobe Dreamweaver CC (Full Lifetime License)
|Art @ the Airport|
|News Releases - Art, Galleries & Museums|
|Written by Dawn Wohlford-Metallo|
|Friday, 08 July 2011 12:09|
WHAT: Quad City Arts Art @ the Airport
WHEN: now through August 31st
WHERE: Quad City International Airport Gallery, 2200 69th Ave. , Moline , IL
WHO: Steve Banks, painting & sculpture and Aaron Tinder, painter
In July and August, Art @ the Airport features sculptures and paintings by
Steve Banks of Davenport is an artist whose work is about finding meaningful identity and individuality within popular culture. In his work, he strives to make energetic images that explore relationships and interactions through compositional juxtapositions. His image-making process is fueled by curiosity regarding the process of partial cultural assimilation. Bank’s images address how the search for individuality often leads to how we attempt to form interpersonal connections while our souls simultaneously float in an isolating sea of cultural white noise.
Aaron Tinder of Indianola , Iowa , is an artist and professor at Grand View University . His work revolves around the exploration of personal narratives as a resident of the rural Midwest and how they collide with political and social themes. Tinder’s work combines multiple layers of images and symbols which are forced to reconcile into compositions filled with spatial tension; encouraging a visual narrative-based conversation.Both of these artists address the human connection to culture; popular, political and social. Once focuses on the personal narrative as a Midwest resident, while the other focuses on the overall complex of identity and culture for the general public.
Don’t miss this is exhibit just because you don’t have a plane to catch-the lights in the gallery are always on and the airport offers free parking for the first hour. Meet a friend for lunch and enjoy the art! Quad City International airport gallery is easy to access with one hour of free parking to allow plenty of time to browse the exhibit.
Quad City Arts is a nonprofit local arts agency dedicated to the growth and vitality of the Quad City region through the presentation, development, and celebration of the arts and humanities. All Quad City Arts programs are funded in part by Festival of Trees, Quad City Arts Partners and operating grants from the Illinois Arts Council (a state agency) and the Iowa Arts Council, a division of the Department of Cultural Affairs. This gallery and exhibit is generously sponsored by the Quad City International Airport.
Tags See All Tags