- Download Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Standard R2 SP2 (32 bit)
- Buy Lynda.com - Foundations of Photography: Night and Low Light (en)
- Buy OEM FileMaker Bento 3 MAC
- Buy Cheap Lynda.com - Audio Mixing Bootcamp
- Buy OEM Propellerhead Reason 4 MAC
- Buy Lynda.com - Illustrator CC One-on-One: Mastery (en)
- Discount - Lynda.com - Illustrator CS6 Essential Training
- 19.95$ Microsoft AutoRoute 2010 Europe cheap oem
- 49.95$ ACDSee Pro MAC cheap oem
- 29.95$ MAMP Pro MAC cheap oem
- Buy OEM Rosetta Stone - Learn Persian (Level 1, 2 & 3 Set)
- Buy Cheap Sony Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 11
- 19.95$ Omni Group OmniFocus MAC cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Autodesk AutoCAD Architecture 2013 (64 bit)
|‘Art from Life’ Exhibit Comes to Rock Island Public Library in December|
|News Releases - Art, Galleries & Museums|
|Written by Lisa Lockheart|
|Monday, 26 November 2012 15:42|
The Rock Island Public Library will host a free public art show of works by East Moline artist Glorie Iaccarino from Monday, Dec. 3 throughFriday, Dec. 28 in the second-floor art gallery space of the Main Library, 401 19th Street. A public reception for her exhibit, "Art from Life; Life from Art: a Harmonious Partnership,” is scheduled from 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm on Saturday, Dec. 8, also at the Main Library.
"Art is a universal language. Our connection to nature is a universal bond,” says Ms. Iaccarino. Her work includes nature photography, digital art cards, watercolors, acrylics and pen and ink. “I believe that artists draw much of their inspiration from nature and their own lives. So that as art mirrors life, I believe that art can illuminate the power of ‘life’ by using it in advocacy in order to positively inspire and actually transform lives. Art draws from life and life is more fulfilling and vibrant because of art. It’s a harmonious partnership,” adds Ms. Iaccarino.
A Quad City native, Ms Iaccarino has spent the last twenty years as a working artist, art instructor and community advocate. She currently is serving as an executive board member of the Watertown Community Empowerment Coalition, on a residency advisory board, and a newly forming Continuing Education advisory board. Among other projects, she created the Eco Arts Council, initiated an “Earth Corner” program for elementary students, and has provided arts workshops at local libraries, public schools and non-profit youth groups. Iaccarino also created and facilitated a program entitled "The Mobile Art Clinic," which provided healing art and self-awareness programming to at-risk youth and early childhood day-care clients.
From January through March 2013, the Rock Island Library art gallery will feature works by Rock Island schoolchildren, starting with elementary schools in January, high school artworks in February and junior high schools in March.
For more events at the Rock Island Public Library, pick up a winter program brochure or monthly events calendar at any Rock Island Library, check the library calendar or news sections at www.rockislandlibrary.org, or sign up for news by email. For questions, please call 309-732-7323 (READ.)
Tags See All Tags