- Discount - Adobe Flex Builder Professional 3
- Buy IMSI TurboFLOORPLAN Landscape and Deck 12 (en)
- Buy Xilisoft DVD Ripper Platinum 5 (en)
- Buy ABest AVI Video Converter (en)
- Download Infinite Skills - Learning Adobe Audition CS6
- Buy Cheap Kolor Autopano Giga 3 MAC
- 29.95$ Nik Software HDR Efex Pro cheap oem
- Buy OEM Kigo DVD Converter 3 MAC
- Buy Cheap Alien Skin Blow Up 3 MAC
- Buy Cheap Adobe After Effects CS5.5 MAC
- Download Lynda.com - Illustrator CC One-on-One: Advanced
- Buy OEM Adobe Photoshop CS6 Extended Student And Teacher Edition
- Download JThink Jaikoz Audio Tagger 3 MAC
- Buy OEM VMware Workstation 9
|Art! Music! Grilling! Astroturf! on the Figge plaza|
|News Releases - Local Events|
|Written by Natalie Dunlop|
|Tuesday, 28 May 2013 14:06|
Davenport, Iowa (May 28, 2013) – Beginning at noon on Thursday, May 30 the plaza in front of the Figge Art Museum will be transformed into a green space, Astroturf and all, for Project Greenspace: Street Art on the Plaza. This is a family-friendly free event for the public.
Aerosol artists Kevin Lonergan II and Gary White, who both have ties to the Quad Cities, will demonstrate their art form by creating a large mural using spray paint. Spectators will get to witness their creation while also having the chance to try their hand at “controlling the can” as the artists provide helpful tips.
“I jumped at the chance to showcase my talent at the Figge, I can’t wait to show people how to get down with a rattle can,” said Lonergan.
At 5 pm the party on the plaza begins. There will be live music by the band Fire Sale, food for purchase from the Figge grill as well as sides, cold beer, water, soda and wine. The evening will end with a projection of artwork projected ON the Figge by WIU art professor Bruce Walters.
The final version of the mural will be on display at the Figge beginning June 4th.
About the Figge Art Museum
The Figge Art Museum is located on the riverfront in downtown Davenport at 225 West Second Street. Hours are from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Tuesday through Saturday and Sundays 12-5 p.m. Thursdays the museum is open until 9 p.m. Admission to the museum and tour is $7. Admission is free to Figge members and institutional members and free to all on Thursday evenings from 5 p.m. – 9 p.m.. To contact the museum, please call 563.326.7804, or visit www.figgeartmuseum.org.
Tags See All Tags