- Download Dreamweaver CS5: The Missing Manual
- Buy OEM OmniGroup OmniOutliner Professional 3 MAC
- Download iStopMotion 2 Pro MAC
- Buy Infinite Skills - Learning Pro Tools 11 MAC (en)
- Buy OEM Lynda.com - HTML5 Structure Syntax and Semantics
- Buy Cheap Adobe Dreamweaver CS4 MAC
- Download Red Giant Trapcode Suite 12 (64-bit)
- Buy OEM Microsoft Project Standard 2013
- 19.95$ Many Tricks Usher MAC cheap oem
- Download Infinite Skills - Learning FileMaker Pro 12
- Buy Lynda.com - Excel 2013 Essential Training (en)
- Download Xilisoft Video To Audio Converter 5.1
- Download Microsoft Office Outlook 2010 with SP1 (32-bit & 64-bit)
|Artist Mary Zeran "Small Branch:New Collage"|
|News Releases - Art, Galleries & Museums|
|Written by Maquoketa Arts|
|Friday, 17 February 2012 15:39|
Maquoketa Art Experience Exhibits “Small Branch: New Collage” by Mary Zeran
From March 1st to April 13th, 2012, Maquoketa Arts Experience will be exhibiting Small Branch: New Collage by Cedar Rapids, Iowa artist Mary Zeran. The exhibition will held in MAE’s Maquoketa 124 S. Main St. space.
Small Branch: New Collage by Mary Zeran, consists of new work Zeran created specifically for the MAE exhibit. “I feel a certain calm when I am in Iowa. There is nothing like driving through the countryside to help me feel grounded and soothed.” Zeran said. “When I look at our landscape, I see and hear music and movement. Our landscape is like a wonderful musical passage filled with curves, movement of the wind, and scruffy colorful wildness.” Exploring the idea of “place”, Zeran is fascinated with what it means to be a native Iowan. Seeing the landscape with fresh eyes after moving back to Iowa in 2005, her boldly colored abstract collage describe the movement, emotions, and rhythm of her native state.
Iowan by birth, Cedar Rapids artist Mary Zeran has lived in 12 different cities including Portland, Or, and Seattle, WA. Her work can be found in permanent collections throughout the state and country. Her collages are created primarily in acrylic on Duralar (an archival acetate) and are known for their juicy colors, and organic forms suspended in multiple layers of glaze. “I am thrilled to be exhibiting at Maquoketa Art experience.” said Zeran. “ I am inspired by their mission to share art with their local community.” .
From March 1st to April 30th, an online version of the exhibition will be posted on Zeran’s flickr site at http://www.flickr.com/photos/organize/?start_tab=sets .
An opening reception will be held March 9th, 5pm to 7:30pm at Maquoketa Arts Experience, 124 S. Main St., Maquoketa, IA 52060
For more information call: Maquoketa Art Experience (563)652-9925 or visit http://www.maquoketa-art.org/
High resolution color images available on request.
Tags See All Tags