- Discount - Lynda.com - Photoshop for Designers: Layer Effects
- 49.95$ Adobe Photoshop Elements 10 cheap oem
- Buy OEM ABest Video Converter Spirit
- 149.95$ Adobe Flash Professional CS6 MAC cheap oem
- Download Infinite Skills - Learning Maxon Cinema 4D R14 MAC
- Buy Cheap Adobe After Effects CS6
- Buy OEM Smith Micro Spring Cleaning 11 Deluxe MAC
- 19.95$ Thegrideon Access Password Professional 2.0 cheap oem
- Buy Microsoft Office 2010 Standard with SP1 (32-bit & 64-bit) (cs,da,de,en,es,fi,fr,he,hu,it,ja,ko,nb,nl,pl,pt,ru,sv,tr,ar,bg,el,et,hi,kk,lt,lv,ro,sk,sl,sr,th,uk)
- Buy Cheap iPad: The Missing Manual
- Buy Rosetta Stone - Learn English (British) (Level 1, 2, 3 Set) MAC (zh,en,fr,de,it,ja,ko,es)
- Download Lynda.com - Google Analytics Essential Training
|As Severe Winter Weather Arrives, So Do Property Damage Risks as a Result of Ice Dams|
|News Releases - General Info|
|Written by Joseph King|
|Tuesday, 18 December 2012 15:39|
A severe winter storm has already dropped significant amounts of snow on the mountains in the Northwest, and now the storm is headed for the Rockies and Midwest. The National Weather Service (NWS) has issued a blizzard watch for Wednesday in eastern Colorado, Kansas, and a small area of southern Nebraska. Meanwhile, a winter storm watch has been issued from Colorado all the way through the Midwest as far north as Wisconsin.
As severe winter weather arrives, so do property damage risks as a result of ice dams. In fact, ice dams during freezing temperatures can cause thousands of dollars in property damage, according to the Insurance Institute for Business & Home Safety (IBHS).
During freezing weather, heat from your home or business can escape through the roof and melt snow on the roof. The snow melt can trickle down to the roof’s edge and refreeze, creating an ice dam that leaves additional snow melt no place to go but inside the attic.
ICE DAM MYTHS
Ice dams only form around gutters and eaves.
False: Ice dams can also form in roof valleys, pans, and shed dormers.
Heat cables are the answer.
False: Although heat cables can help prevent ice dams from forming, the are not a simple solution. Heat cables only last a few years before they need to be replaced, while it is important to also have proper drainage when using cables.
Ice dams are only a problem for older homes.
False: Ice dams are more common for older homes that have poor ventilation, newer homes can also be a risk of ice dam damage.
for more information about how to make your buildings more resistant to a variety of disasters, large and small. Follow IBHS on Twitter at @DisasterSafety and on
# # #
Tags See All Tags