- Buy Cheap Capture One Pro 6 MAC
- Buy Cheap Avanquest SystemSuite Professional 8
- 179.95$ Autodesk AutoCAD Structural Detailing 2012 (32-bit) cheap oem
- Download Mac OS X Lion: The Missing Manual
- Buy OEM Adobe Illustrator CS5 MAC
- Discount - BeLight Software Swift Publisher 2 MAC
- 29.95$ Infinite Skills - OS X Server 10.6 Snow Leopard Training MAC cheap oem
- Discount - proDAD Mercalli 3 SAL (64-bit)
- Discount - GibbsCAM 2013 32-bit
- Download proDAD ReSpeedr 1 (32-bit)
- Discount - Alien Skin Exposure 5
- Buy Cheap Corel Paintshop Photo Pro X4
|ASCENTRA CREDIT UNION IS AWARDED TWO GRANTS TO PROVIDE FINANCIAL EDUCATION FOR AREA SCHOOLS|
|News Releases - Education & Schools|
|Written by Alvaro Macias|
|Tuesday, 10 January 2012 15:51|
BETTENDORF, Iowa –Ascentra Credit Union was recently awarded $10,000 through two grants to help the organization’s financial education efforts in our community in 2012. The funds will be used for real-world financial literacy programs like “Banzai!” The grants were provided by the National Credit Union Foundation and the Iowa Credit Union Foundation.
“When 18 to 24 year olds are the fastest growing demographic declaring bankruptcy, it’s clear that there is a need for young people to be more financially savvy,” Ascentra Credit Union’s Community Development Coordinator Alvaro Macias said. “For that reason financial education for young people is now more important than ever.”
Ascentra realizes teachers need resources for an often mandated, but also often underfunded curriculum of financial literacy. As a not-for-profit financial institution that promotes financial education to its members, teachers can count on an organization that shares the same values to provide a free, comprehensive, quality financial education program.
Banzai has been requested by 19 in 2011 area teachers and Ascentra plans to at least double that to 35-42 teachers. If you are a teacher, and interested in Banazai please visit http://ascentra.teachbanzai.
Some of the schools that have used Banzai include Davenport North High School, Assumption High School, Williams Intermediate School, Rock Island High School, Moline High School, Prince of Peace High School and many more.
“By preparing students with a solid understanding of how to manage their money, they will be better prepared when starting out in life and stepping out into the real world,” Macias added.For more information about Ascentra Credit Union please visit www.ascentra.org. To learn more about the National Credit Union Foundation visit www.ncuf.coop. To learn more about the Iowa Credit Union Foundation visit www.iowacreditunions.com.
Tags See All Tags