- 19.95$ DzSoft Perl Editor 5.8.3 cheap oem
- Download Magix Samplitude 11
- Download Adobe Creative Suite 6 Design Standard MAC
- Buy Cheap Infinite Skills - Learning jQuery Programming
- Buy Magix Samplitude 11 (en)
- Buy Cheap Autodesk AutoCAD Mechanical 2010 (32 bit)
- Download Lynda.com - Photoshop CS4 for the Web
- Discount - Autodesk AutoCAD Electrical 2015 (32-bit)
- Download I.R.I.S. Readiris 11 Pro
- 399.95$ Luxion KeyShot Pro 4 + Animation + KeyShotVR cheap oem
- Discount - Lynda.com - Creating and Managing Blog Network with WordPress
- Download Microsoft Office SharePoint Workspace 2010 with SP1 (32-bit & 64-bit)
- Buy OEM Lynda.com - Premiere Pro CS6 Essential Training
- Buy OEM Autodesk Navisworks Manage 2014
|ASTROS SEND JOSH FIELDS TO PITCH REHAB IN QUAD CITIES|
|News Releases - Sports & Recreation|
|Written by Marco LaNave|
|Friday, 10 May 2013 09:11|
Right-hander will be first player to rehab with Quad Cities at Modern Woodmen Park since 2006
DAVENPORT, Iowa (MAY 9, 2013) – Houston Astros right-hander Josh Fields is scheduled to make a rehab appearance at Modern Woodmen Park Friday at 7 p.m. against the Cedar Rapids Kernels. Fields is set to become the first major leaguer to have a rehab assignment with Quad Cities at Modern Woodmen Park since 2006.
Fields, 27, made his major league debut April 2 against the Texas Rangers. He was the first overall pick by Houston from Boston in the Major League Rule 5 draft in December. This season he pitched two consecutive scoreless relief outings of 1/3 inning each before being placed on the disabled list with a right forearm strain April 8, with the move retroactive to April 4. Fields has not pitched since April 3 against Texas and is scheduled to pitch two innings in Friday’s game against the Kernels.
A native of Athens, Ga., Fields was originally selected by the Seattle Mariners out of the University of Georgia in the first round (20th overall) of the June 2008 draft. He was acquired by the Boston Red Sox with left-handed pitcher Erik Bedard in a three-team deal that included the Los Angeles Dodgers on July 31, 2011. He finished the 2012 season with the Triple-A Pawtucket Red Sox before being selected by Houston in the Rule 5 draft in December. His minor league totals in the Mariners and Astros systems include 132 games – all relief appearances – an 11-8 record, 3.57 ERA and 23 saves in 176 2/3 innings.
The last major leaguer to have a rehab assignment with the River Bandits was former St. Louis Cardinals left-hander Brian Tallet, who pitched at Peoria on May 17, 2011. The last major leaguer to rehab for the Quad Cities franchise in Davenport was former St. Louis Cardinals left-hander Mark Mulder on Aug. 6, 2006, against the Clinton LumberKings.
UP NEXT: Friday night will feature a Fireworks show presented by Eastern Iowa Toyota Dealers, WLLR, and WQAD, and it’s Home and Garden Night presented by Total Turf & Landscape, as the first 100 fans will receive a Garden Mat from Total Turf & Landscape. Single game tickets are on sale at the River Bandits box office at Modern Woodmen Park, by phone at 563-324-3000 and online at www.riverbandits.com. Season ticket and mini-plan packages start at just seven games and begin at less than $50. Call a River Bandits account representative today to choose your seats and get the details of our various mini-plan packages.
Tags See All Tags