- 29.95$ Stellar Phoenix Photo Recovery v3 MAC cheap oem
- Download Alien Skin Bokeh 2
- Buy OEM NewBlue Titler Pro
- 59.95$ Nero 11 Platinum cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Adobe Creative Suite 5 Web Premium Student And Teacher Edition
- Discount - Autodesk Alias Automotive 2012
- Discount - Slysoft CloneDVD 2
- Buy Agile Bits 1Password 4 MAC (en)
- Buy Aimersoft Total Media Converter 2 MAC (en)
- Buy Autodesk Alias Surface 2014 MAC (en)
- Discount - Autodesk AutoCAD Map 3D 2011
- 79.95$ Adobe InDesign CS4 cheap oem
|ATF Officials in Mexico Denied Access to Information by U.S. Counterparts about Reckless Strategy that Allowed Guns to Fall Into the Hands of Mexican Drug Cartels|
|News Releases - General Info|
|Written by Grassley Press|
|Tuesday, 26 July 2011 13:44|
Issa, Grassley release staff report focusing on impact of Operation Fast and Furious on Mexico
WASHINGTON – Findings in a second staff report released by Representative Darrell Issa and Senator Chuck Grassley show that ATF officials based in the United States Embassy in Mexico City were increasingly worried about the alarming rate of guns found in violent crimes in Mexico from a single ATF operation based out of the ATF’s Phoenix Field Division. Issa is Chairman of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee and Grassley is Ranking Member of the Senate Judiciary Committee.
"The consequences of arming Mexican drug cartels seem obvious. But even guns turning up at crime scenes in Mexico wasn't enough for Justice Department officials to arrest straw purchasers and shut down their trafficking operations. Tragically, it wasn't until Fast and Furious guns were found at the murder scene of a Border Patrol Agent that Justice officials finally ended this reckless and arrogant effort," said Issa.
“It’s incomprehensible that officials at the Justice Department, the ATF and the U.S. attorney’s office would keep their counterparts at the U.S. Embassy in Mexico City in the dark about Operation Fast and Furious. Keeping key details secret while straw purchasers continued buying weapons for gun traffickers jeopardized our relationship with our southern ally and put lives at risk,” Grassley said.
The report released today outlines several important findings, including:
Issa and Grassley are leading a congressional inquiry into the ill-advised strategy known as Operation Fast and Furious.
Tags See All Tags