- Discount - Corel Painter 12
- Buy Adobe Creative Suite 4 Design Premium All-in-One For Dummies (en)
- Buy Cheap Autodesk Factory Design Suite Ultimate 2012 (64-bit)
- Buy Sony ACID Pro 6 (en)
- Discount - BeLight Software Labels & Addresses MAC
- Discount - Access 2010: The Missing Manual
- Buy Cheap Adobe Premiere Elements 4
- Buy OEM FileMaker Pro 12 Advanced MAC
- Buy OEM Adobe InCopy CC MAC (Full LifeTime License)
- Buy Cheap Telestream ScreenFlow 3 MAC
- Discount - Adobe Creative Suite 4 Web Standard MAC
- Buy OEM Ashampoo Movie Shrink And Burn 3
- 19.95$ OmniGroup OmniOutliner Professional 3 MAC cheap oem
- 19.95$ ABest Video to iPod 3GP Flash Converter cheap oem
|Auditions for the Classics at Brucemore: Cyrano de Bergerac|
|News Releases - Stage & Theatre|
|Written by Tara Richards|
|Friday, 15 February 2013 11:26|
Auditions for the Classics at Brucemore production of Edmund Rostand’s Cyrano de Bergerac will be held on Tuesday and Wednesday, February 26 and 27, 2013, from 6:00 to 7:30 p.m. in the Brucemore Visitor Center, 2160 Linden Dr. SE. Various roles are available for physically agile males, ages 25 to 40; sword fighting or stage combat experience preferred. This is a cold-reading audition; no advance preparation required.
Cyrano de Bergerac is an unabashed historical romance set in the 1640s featuring a swashbuckling hero. While first and foremost a passionate love story, the plot develops as a comedy with fast-paced action and a tragic ending. The larger-than-life character of Cyrano is the genius hero with a ridiculously long nose and a passion for poetry and love. Despite his bravado, Cyrano suffers through unrequited love for Roxanne, whose eyes only see the dashing Christian. Many widely known adaptations have been made, including the film, Roxanne, starring Steve Martin.
The Classics performances will be July 11 – 13 and 18 – 20, 2013, with a rain-date scheduled for July 21. Rehearsals will begin on June 1. For further information on auditions, contact Brucemore at (319) 362-7375 or Artistic Director James Kern (319) 365-0252.
About the Classics at Brucemore
The collaboration of Torchlight Theatrics and Brucemore in 1996 launched outdoor theatre in Eastern Iowa and a new venue at Brucemore. The Classics at Brucemore celebrates a rich history of quality live theatre, including Greek tragedy, Shakespearean comedy, and twentieth century American drama. Fully utilizing the natural amphitheater's rich backdrop, actors emerge from the woods, get dunked in the pond, and help themselves to the audience members' picnics. Characters from the show often seek help from the audience, creating an evening of hilarious and interactive fun.
Experience Brucemore, an unparalleled blend of tradition and culture, located at 2160 Linden Drive SE, Cedar Rapids, Iowa. At the heart of the historic 26-acre estate stands a nineteenth-century mansion filled with the stories of three Cedar Rapids families. Concerts, theater, programs, and tours enliven the site and celebrate the heritage of a community. For more information, call (319) 362-7375 or visit www.brucemore.org.###
Tags See All Tags