- Buy Autodesk Maya 2012 (64-bit) (en,ja)
- Buy Panic Transmit 4 MAC (en)
- Discount - Autodesk AutoCAD Mechanical 2012 (64-bit)
- Discount - Adobe Premiere Pro CC MAC (Full LifeTime License)
- Download Photoshop Elements 8 for Mac: The Missing Manual
- Buy Norton PartitionMagic 8.0 (en,it,fr,de,es)
- Download iPhone App Development: The Missing Manual
- Discount - ChemTable Reg Organizer 4.21
- Discount - Roxio Popcorn 4 MAC
- Download Adobe Flash Professional CS6 MAC
- 219.95$ Adobe Creative Suite 5 Master Collection Student and Teacher Edition cheap oem
- Buy Lynda.com - CSS3 First Look (en)
- Buy Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise (64 bit) (en)
- Buy Lynda.com - Ruby Essential Training (en)
|Auditor's Office Open for Early Voting on Saturday and Monday|
|News Releases - Politics & Elections|
|Written by Roland Caldwell|
|Friday, 02 November 2012 13:51|
Release date: November 2, 2012
Contact: Roxanna Moritz, Scott County Auditor & Commissioner of Elections
Satellite Voting Ends Saturday at Area Libraries
DAVENPORT – Scott County Auditor Roxanna Moritz announced that her office will be open for early voting on Saturday, November 3rd and Monday, November 5th from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. She also announced that Saturday, November 3rd will be the last day of satellite voting at Scott County Libraries. Those sites will be open from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
"We provide early voting opportunities for those who have decided on how they intend to vote," Auditor Roxanna Moritz said. "This helps relieve waiting in long lines for voters and stress on our poll workers on Election Day. In addition, it provides increased convenience to voters who may be hard pressed to vote on Election Day."
Voters appearing at the polls on Election Day can expect longer lines, especially between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 9:00 a.m., 3:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. and possibly after 7:00 p.m. This is because voter registration is at an all time high, and the two-sided ballot in this election includes many choices for voters.
"We have seen a lot of interest in this election, with voter registrations increasing to an all time high, with many phone calls and emails from voters," Moritz said. "We have also seen an increase in the number of voters who choose to cast their ballots early."
As of November 1st there are 127,839 registered voters in Scott County. This compares with 121,217 registered voters in November 2008. Also, as of November 1st there are 41,763 voters who have requested absentee ballots or voted early, versus 37,519 early voters on November 1, 2008.
Finally, Moritz reminds those with mail ballots that the deadline to mail their ballots is Monday, November 5th. Mail in ballots with a post mark of November 5th or earlier will be counted if they arrive before 12:00 noon on November 13th. Also, mail ballots can be hand delivered to the Auditor's Office before 9:00 p.m. on Election Day.
Voters with outstanding absentee ballots can vote at their polling place on Election Day by surrendering their absentee ballots at the polls. Also, voters who have lost their absentee ballots can vote at the polls if the Auditor's Office has not received their ballots by Election Day.
For more information contact the Scott County Auditor’s Office at 563-326-8631.
Tags See All Tags