- 199.95$ Microsoft Windows 8 Enterprise (64-bit) cheap oem
- Discount - ARTS PDF Aerialist
- Discount - PhoneView 2 MAC
- Buy Adobe Dreamweaver CS6 (en,ja,de,es,fr,it,nl,pt,sv,hu,pl,cs,tr,ko)
- 29.95$ Nik Software Silver Efex Pro MAC cheap oem
- Buy Lynda.com - Transforming a Photo into a Painting with Photoshop CS6 (en)
- Buy OEM IMSI TurboFLOORPLAN Landscape and Deck 12
- Buy OEM Microsoft Windows 8 Enterprise (64-bit)
- Discount - Autodesk AutoCAD Mechanical 2010 (32 bit)
- Buy Cheap Autodesk AutoCAD Map 3D 2012 (64-bit)
- Buy Cheap Macpaw CleanMyMac 2
- Download Avid Media Composer 2.8
|Augustana Choir returns to Carnegie Hall|
|News Releases - Music & Entertainment|
|Written by readMedia|
|Tuesday, 10 May 2011 14:13|
ROCK ISLAND, IL (05/10/2011)(readMedia)-- The Augustana Choir will draw on tradition this Memorial Day weekend when it performs in the prestigious Carnegie Hall on Sunday, May 29, at 1 p.m. The 65-member choir received a special invitation to perform at the hall this season after organizers heard and recognized the high quality performances of the choir.
From your area this includes:
Kaleigh Wall, a sophomore from Eldridge, Iowa majoring in music.
Ricky Rector, a sophomore from Davenport, Iowa majoring in communication sciences and disorders.
Anita Cook, a senior from Davenport, Iowa. majoring in studio art.
Kjerstin Hurty, a sophomore from Moline, Ill. majoring in business and music.
Martha Ade, a junior from Moline, Ill. majoring in music and English.
Calvin Vo, a sophomore from Moline, Ill. majoring in English and theatre.
Lauren Reid, a junior from Sherrard, Ill. majoring in business and communications.
Under the director of Dr. Jon Hurty, the choir will perform a solo program of a cappella works in the 2,800-seat, five-level main auditorium. Then the choir will join Augustana's Handel Oratorio Society in a performance of "Carmina Burana" by Carl Orff, also under the direction of Hurty
"It's a big performance in a really amazing hall," said Hurty.
The event restores a tradition of the Augustana Choir performing at the hall that started in the 1930s. The choir had a large New York presence in the 1950s and 1960s when it was recording with the RCA label and performing on "The Ed Sullivan Show." This year's invitation came from the largest independent contractor, MidAmerica Productions in New York, which oversees many of the productions for Carnegie Hall and the Lincoln Center.
"The quality that they've [Augustana Choir] got, it's exciting to be able to present something like that," say Paul Torkelson, composer-in-residence for MidAmerica Productions.
Tags See All Tags