- Buy Cheap iStat Menus 4 MAC
- Buy Lynda.com - Access 2010 - Forms and Reports in Depth (en)
- Buy OEM Infinite Skills - Photoshop For Architects MAC
- 249.95$ Autodesk Algor Simulation Professional 2011 cheap oem
- Download Rosetta Stone - Learn Swedish (Level 1, 2 & 3 Set) MAC
- Discount - Nik Software Sharpener Pro 3 MAC
- 279.95$ Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 MAC (64-bit) cheap oem
- Discount - Microsoft Office 2010 Home and Business with SP1 (32-bit & 64-bit)
- Buy OEM Adobe Captivate 5
- Buy OEM Kolor Autopano Giga 3
- 229.95$ Autodesk AutoCAD Revit Architecture 2010 cheap oem
- 9.95$ Lynda.com - Photoshop CS6 for Photographers New Features cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Adobe Photoshop CC Student And Teacher Edition (Full LifeTime license)
|Augustana College students to study in London|
|News Releases - Education & Schools|
|Written by readMedia|
|Thursday, 01 September 2011 08:28|
ROCK ISLAND, IL (09/01/2011)(readMedia)-- Forty-five Augustana College students are studying contemporary and historic Britain and Europe from the heart of one of the world's greatest cities, London. The Fall Term in London program offers students a chance to explore the area while studying with Augustana and British faculty.
From your area this includes:
Kayla Ferguson, a junior from, Orion, Ill. majoring in liberal studies.
Anna Tunnicliff, a junior from, Bettendorf, Iowa majoring in history.
Timothy Gillman, a senior from, Rock Island, Ill. majoring in geography.
John Peters, a senior from, Milan, Ill. majoring in history.
Laurel Williams, a senior from, Milan, Ill. majoring in communication sciences & disorders and English.
"London is a rich historical and cultural center," said Dr. Catherine Carter Goebel, professor and chair of art history at Augustana. "I particularly look forward to sharing its wonderful museums and fabulous art collections with our students. Studying art history through firsthand examination of some of the finest artwork in the world, as well as visiting relevant historic sites, is an exciting opportunity both for our Augustana students as well as their professor."
Joining Dr. Goebel in London will be Dr. Peter Kivisto, professor of sociology, anthropology and social welfare at Augustana. Five courses will be offered during the London term, including sociology and art history taught by Augustana professors, in addition to British history, theatre and contemporary politics taught by local faculty. Included with coursework and as part of the program are several group excursions in and around London, including guided tours of landmarks, museums, theatrical productions and a soccer match, as well as day trips to such historic sites as Stonehenge, Salisbury, Bath and Oxford.
Traveling around and learning more about Great Britain and Europe is what attracted Martin King, a senior geography major from Oswego, Ill., to sign up for the study-abroad program. While in London, students will live in student apartments in the Kensington neighborhood. They will be based in Glasgow during a one-week excursion in Scotland.
Of the 45 Augustana students enrolled in the London program, 39 applied for and received $2,000 through the college's Augie Choice program to help pay for expenses. Augie Choice provides students with the opportunity for the kinds of learning that will make them stand out when they start careers or go on to graduate school.
For more information, contact Keri Rursch, director of public relations, at (309) 794-7721.
Tags See All Tags