- 19.95$ Agile Bits 1Password 3 MAC cheap oem
- Buy OEM MathWorks MatLab R2010b
- Buy OEM Altova MapForce Enterprise 2009
- 319.95$ Autodesk AutoCAD Map 3D 2014 (64-bit) cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Lynda.com - Design in Motion
- Discount - Infinite Skills - Learning Adobe Audition CS6
- Buy Cheap Sony Vegas Pro 11 (32-bit)
- Buy Cheap Microsoft Office 2007 Enterprise
- Download Digital Photography Composition For Dummies
- Buy Cheap Autodesk Maya Entertainment Creation Suite Premium 2012 (64-bit)
- 99.95$ Adobe InCopy CS5.5 cheap oem
- Download Adobe Creative Suite 5.5 Web Premium MAC
- Buy ElcomSoft Advanced Archive Password Recovery 4 Professional (en)
- Buy Cheap ACDSee Pro 2
|Augustana Students Teach Children with Special Needs at Florida School|
|News Releases - Education & Schools|
|Written by Keri Rursch|
|Wednesday, 18 September 2013 16:01|
ROCK ISLAND, IL (09/18/2013)(readMedia)-- Earlier this year six Augustana teacher candidates and Dr. Deborah Bracke, assistant professor of education, spent five days at the Florida School for the Deaf and Blind at St. Augustine, Fl., as part of the students' Augie Choice involvement experience. The students had the opportunity to study the teaching methods for the children who are deaf and/or blind, forming their own sense of "best practice" regarding the process of teaching and learning in special education classrooms. The teaching experience ended in August when the participating students presented their findings at a paper session at the National Association of Teacher Educators Conference in Washington, D.C. Among contributing Augustana students:
Amelia Beveroth from Sterling, Ill., a senior majoring in elementary education.
Sheila Ahuja from Rock Island, Ill., a senior majoring in language arts education and English.
All six Augustana students used Augie Choice funding to help cover the expenses of the trip. Augie Choice allows students of all disciplines to apply for $2,000 to immerse themselves in qualifying hands-on learning experience of their choice.
Founded in 1860, Augustana College is a selective four-year residential college of the liberal arts and sciences. Augustana College is recognized for the innovative program Augie Choice, which provides each student up to $2,000 to pursue a high-impact learning experience such as study abroad, an internship or research with a professor. Current students and alumni include 146 Academic All-Americans, a Nobel laureate, 13 college presidents and other distinguished leaders. The college enrolls 2,500 students and is located along one of the world's most important waterways, the Mississippi River, in a community that reflects the diversity of the United States.
Tags See All Tags