- Buy Cheap Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Datacenter R2 SP2 (64 bit)
- Discount - Autodesk Showcase 2012 (64-bit)
- Buy Cheap Intuit TurboTax Home & Business 2013 USA MAC
- Download Lynda.com - Excel 2013 Essential Training
- Buy Cheap Autodesk AutoCAD Revit Structure Suite 2009
- Buy Cheap Ashampoo Powerup 3
- Buy Lynda.com - Enhancing a Landscape Photo with Lightroom (en)
- Download Futuremark 3DMark Vantage Professional
- Download Autodesk 3ds Max Entertainment Creation Suite Premium 2012 (64-bit)
- Buy Autodesk Maya Entertainment Creation Suite Premium 2012 (64-bit) (en)
- Buy Right Hemisphere Deep Exploration CAD Edition 6.5 (en)
- Discount - ABest Video Converter Spirit
- Download Siemens Solid Edge ST4 (32 bit)
|Augustana’s River Readings Welcomes Rising Writers|
|News Releases - Local Events|
|Written by Emily Timmons|
|Tuesday, 27 November 2012 08:35|
Rock Island, IL/ Nov.27 2012 –Augustana College will continue its River Readings program on Thursday, Nov. 29 with fiction writer Peter Geye. Geye will introduce his newest book, The Lighthouse Road, and do a free reading followed by a reception and book signing. The event will be held at7 p.m. in Wallenberg Hall inside Denkmann Hall (3520 7th Ave). Every reading is open to the public and the campus community alike.
“The River Readings series gives students and members of the Quad Cities community a chance to interact with both well-known and up-and-coming writers. It's not every day we get the opportunity to talk to someone whose work will appear in literature textbooks for generations to come.” –Dr. Kelly Daniels, River Readings coordinator.
Peter Geye was born and raised in Minneapolis, where he currently lives. He received his BA from the University of Minnesota and his MFA from the University of New Orleans. At Western Michigan University, he received his PhD, edited Third Coast, and taught Creative Writing. In the fall of 2010, he published his first book, Safe from the Sea (Unbridled Books), which won the 2010 Indie Lit Award for Fiction, as well as the 2010 Northeast Minnesota Book Award for Fiction. Unbridled Books released Geye’s second book, The Lighthouse Road, in October of this year. A few copies of Geye’s books will be available for purchase after the reading.
For years Augustana has brought writers of poetry, fiction, and literary nonfiction to campus from all corners of the country to present their work in a free reading on campus. In the past, Augustana,has invited Marvin Bell, Gerald Stern, Jill Essbaum, and Carl Phillips, to share their work. Later in this academic year, Augustana will host fiction writer Donald Ray Pollock on Thursday, Apr. 18.
Tags See All Tags