- 9.95$ Lynda.com - Python 3 Essential Training cheap oem
- Discount - Rosetta Stone - Learn English (Level 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5 Set)
- Buy OEM Autodesk AutoCAD Civil 3D Land Desktop Companion 2009
- Buy OEM Autodesk AutoCAD 2008 (32 bit)
- Download Adobe Creative Suite 5 Design Premium All-in-One For Dummies
- Buy OEM Microsoft Project Professional 2013
- Buy Microsoft Office 2011 Home & Student Family Pack MAC (en,da,de,ru,it,fr,es,fi,nl,nb,pl,sv,ja)
- 29.95$ PC Washer 2 cheap oem
- Buy Microsoft Works 9 (en)
- Download Xilisoft Video Converter Ultimate 5.1
- Buy OEM Autodesk AutoCAD Electrical 2014 (64-bit)
- Discount - Adobe Premiere Pro CS5 MAC
- Download CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X6 (64-bit)
|Augustana’s River Readings Welcomes Rising Writers|
|News Releases - Local Events|
|Written by Emily Timmons|
|Tuesday, 27 November 2012 08:35|
Rock Island, IL/ Nov.27 2012 –Augustana College will continue its River Readings program on Thursday, Nov. 29 with fiction writer Peter Geye. Geye will introduce his newest book, The Lighthouse Road, and do a free reading followed by a reception and book signing. The event will be held at7 p.m. in Wallenberg Hall inside Denkmann Hall (3520 7th Ave). Every reading is open to the public and the campus community alike.
“The River Readings series gives students and members of the Quad Cities community a chance to interact with both well-known and up-and-coming writers. It's not every day we get the opportunity to talk to someone whose work will appear in literature textbooks for generations to come.” –Dr. Kelly Daniels, River Readings coordinator.
Peter Geye was born and raised in Minneapolis, where he currently lives. He received his BA from the University of Minnesota and his MFA from the University of New Orleans. At Western Michigan University, he received his PhD, edited Third Coast, and taught Creative Writing. In the fall of 2010, he published his first book, Safe from the Sea (Unbridled Books), which won the 2010 Indie Lit Award for Fiction, as well as the 2010 Northeast Minnesota Book Award for Fiction. Unbridled Books released Geye’s second book, The Lighthouse Road, in October of this year. A few copies of Geye’s books will be available for purchase after the reading.
For years Augustana has brought writers of poetry, fiction, and literary nonfiction to campus from all corners of the country to present their work in a free reading on campus. In the past, Augustana,has invited Marvin Bell, Gerald Stern, Jill Essbaum, and Carl Phillips, to share their work. Later in this academic year, Augustana will host fiction writer Donald Ray Pollock on Thursday, Apr. 18.
Tags See All Tags