- Discount - Lynda.com - Photoshop CS6 New Features
- Buy Adobe Photoshop CS3 Extended (en,it,es,de)
- Discount - Alien Skin Snap Art 3
- Download Lynda.com - Foundations of Typography
- Buy OEM Microsoft Office Excel 2007
- Buy Cheap Adobe InDesign CS5 MAC
- Buy OEM Dreamweaver CS5 All-in-One For Dummies
- Download Infinite Skills - SolidWorks 2012 Advanced MAC
- Buy Lynda.com - Running a Design Business: Designer-Client Agreements (en)
- Buy Autodesk 3ds Max Design 2011 (en)
- 29.95$ Nik Software Dfine 2.0 cheap oem
- Discount - GFI EventsManager 8.1
- Buy Adobe Photoshop CS5 on Demand (en)
- Buy Cheap Microsoft Streets & Trips 2009
|Author Linda Wallace Edwards Book Signing Event|
|News Releases - General Info|
|Written by Chris Coffey|
|Thursday, 30 June 2011 12:14|
TIME: 1 - 3 p.m.
WHERE: Innkeepers Fresh Roasted Coffee, 80 N. Seminary St., Galesburg, IL 61401
WHAT: Edwards, a resident of Yates City, IL, will be available to sign copies of her novel, The Legend of White Sky.
White Sky's brave, independent nature have helped her accomplish many goals, but will her greatest wish, to make her father proud, ever be fulfilled? Sioux twins White Sky and Little Wolf are convinced their roles were switched at birth. While Little Wolf is timid and ponderous like a maiden, White Sky is brave and adventurous like the warriors. When the time comes for Little Wolf to accomplish a great feat to establish his place in the village, he begs White Sky to find a way out of it. Her solution is to switch places, since their parents can only tell them apart by their differing personalities. So Little Wolf must become outgoing like his sister, and White Sky has to learn to tame her tongue. While this ultimate deception is difficult at first, the twins eventually grow into their new identities. Little Wolf studies the ways of Wovoka, the village medicine man, and becomes a successful healer. White Sky proves her fearless nature by taming a rattlesnake and a baby eagle. Due to inevitable changes, the truth of the twins' identities comes out in the thirteenth year of their birth. Their father, Great Hunter, is outraged, but only with White Sky since the role reversal was her idea. He breaks White Sky's beloved bow and arrow and gives away her horse. So that she will always remember her rightful place in the village, he then places a large amulet around her neck, which she must wear until she marries. Determined that she will never marry and that she will prove her worth to her father, White Sky vows to kill the grizzly bear Evil Claw and tame the elusive wild white stallion. What she doesn't plan on is falling in love with a warrior from an enemy tribe. Will White Sky fulfill her promises to herself? Will The Legend of White Sky be forever etched upon the hearts of her people?
Tags See All Tags