- Buy Microsoft Office 2007 For Seniors For Dummies (en)
- Discount - Lynda.com - CSS For Developers
- Buy ACDSee Photo Editor 2008 (en)
- 19.95$ Ashampoo Office 2008 cheap oem
- Download FileMaker Pro 11 Advanced MAC
- 59.95$ Microsoft Excel 2013 cheap oem
- Download InstallShield X Express Edition
- Buy OEM Dragon NaturallySpeaking 11 Premium
- Buy ElcomSoft Advanced PDF Password Recovery Pro (en)
- Buy OEM Rosetta Stone - Learn Greek (Level 1, 2 & 3 Set)
- Buy OEM Eset Smart Security 5 (32-bit)
- Buy Cheap Aglare DVD Ripper Platinum 6
|Author, New Display to Highlight All Irish Regiment at Illinois Military Museum|
|News Releases - Military & Veterans News|
|Written by Illinois National Guard|
|Thursday, 28 February 2013 10:51|
SPRINGFIELD, IL (02/27/2013)(readMedia)-- The Illinois State Military Museum will unveil a new display case showcasing battle flags from its collection of more than 1,000 battle flags from the Mexican War through to the current conflicts. The museum will kick off the new display with the all Irish 90th Illinois Regiment colors and host James B. Swan, author of "Chicago's Irish Legion, the 90th Illinois Volunteers in the Civil War" March 2.
• Illinois State Military Museum
• James B. Swan, author of “Chicago’s Irish Legion, the 90th Illinois Volunteers in the Civil War”
• The Illinois State Military Museum will host James B. Swan, author of “Chicago’s Irish Legion, the 90th Illinois Volunteers in the Civil War” to tell the stories of this little-known Illinois regiment and its flag. The museum will unveil a new display case showing the third version of the 90th Illinois regimental colors that will be on display through May.
• Recruits of the 90th Illinois Volunteer Infantry came from Springfield, Chicago and towns across northern Illinois, but the regiment was truly Irish with 70 percent of the officers and enlisted men who were born in Ireland. Under a regimental flag that prominently and proudly displayed the harp of Erin, the unit marched and fought in Gen. William T. Sherman’s XVth Corps across seven Confederate states and helped capture three Confederate state capitols.
• The military museum’s new display case is a significant addition and will showcase flags from its collection on a quarterly schedule.
• The museum is home to more than 1,000 battle flags from the Mexican War to the current conflicts.
WHEN: Saturday March 02, 2013 at 02:00PM Central Time (US & Canada)
WHERE:Illinois State Military Museum
• Admission and parking are free.
• For further information, please contact the Illinois State Military Museum at 217-761-3910
The Illinois State Military Museum displays the history of the Illinois National Guard from 1723 to the 21st Century. Located two blocks north of the intersection of MacArthur Blvd. and North Grand Ave. in Springfield, Ill., the museum is open Tuesday through Saturday, 1-4:30 p.m. Admission and parking are free. Contact the museum at (217) 761-3910 or
or visit http://www.il.ngb.army.mil/
Tags See All Tags