- Buy OEM Sony Movie Studio Platinum 13 (64-bit)
- Discount - Nik Software Complete Collection Ultimate Edition MAC (64-bit)
- Buy Cheap Roxio Toast 11 Titanium MAC
- Discount - Infinite Skills - Learning Adobe Audition CS6 MAC
- 89.95$ Rosetta Stone - Learn French (Level 1, 2 & 3 Set) MAC cheap oem
- Discount - Sony ACID Pro 6
- Buy Cheap Nik Software Viveza 2
- Buy Lynda.com - AutoCAD 2013 Essentials: 01 Interface and Drawing Mangement (en)
- 149.95$ Microsoft Windows 8 Pro (64-bit) cheap oem
- 9.95$ Lynda.com - PostgreSQL 9 with PHP Essential Training cheap oem
- Download Microsoft Office Visio Standard 2010 with SP1 (32-bit & 64-bit)
- Buy Autodesk Lustre 2009 (en)
|Author Steven E. Hulme Shares His Memories Growing Up in Iowa from the 1930s to 1950s|
|News Releases - Media & Communications|
|Written by Marketing Services|
|Tuesday, 02 July 2013 15:56|
New book provides snippets of the hard and good times living in Iowa during the Great Depression and War years
EAST LYME, Conn. - You've Got to Start Young: A Memoir (published by iUniverse) written by author Steven E. Hulme tells his memories growing up in Iowa during the 1930s, 1940s and into the 1950s.
Born on a rented farm, the author relates some happy, sad, funny and scary events from his childhood which includes his life on the farm, his house burning down, the move into town, his remarkable school life, his adolescent years and so many adventures along the way.
This book provides a glimpse into life before the TV, computers, cell phones, Facebook, and Twitter. It shares to readers a collection of snippets about the hard times and the good times of growing up in Iowa as a Depression baby and as a child during World War II.
You've Got to Start Young: A Memoir lets readers walk down memory lane as the author vividly recalls what it was like living during the Great Depression era as well as the War years.
About the Author
Steven E. Hulme was born in 1934 in Iowa City, Iowa- his family lived on a farm in the midst of the Great Depression. A graduate of the University of Iowa and the General Theological Seminary, he served as an Episcopal priest for thirty-nine years in Iowa and Connecticut. Currently he is executive director of the Karen (of Burma) Emergency Relief Fund Inc.
Articles, letters and op-ed pieces by the author have appeared in the New London Day, the Hartford Courant, the Post Road Review, the Lyme Times, the Vintage Voice and the Episcopalian. He and his wife, Mary, live in East Lyme, Connecticut. They have two grown children.
iUniverse, an Author Solutions, Inc. self-publishing imprint, is the leading book marketing, editorial services, and supported self-publishing provider. iUniverse has a strategic alliance with Indigo Books & Music, Inc. in Canada, and titles accepted into the iUniverse Rising Star program are featured in a special collection on BarnesandNoble.com. iUniverse recognizes excellence in book publishing through the Star, Reader’s Choice, Rising Star and Editor’s Choice designations—self-publishing’s only such awards program. Headquartered in Bloomington, Indiana, iUniverse also operates offices in Indianapolis. For more information or to publish a book, please visit iuniverse.com or call 1-800-AUTHORS. For the latest, follow @iuniversebooks on Twitter.
Tags See All Tags