- 239.95$ Autodesk AutoCAD 2010 cheap oem
- 99.95$ Cakewalk Sonar 7 Producer Edition cheap oem
- Buy Adobe Premiere Pro CS5 (de,en,es,fr,it,ja,ko)
- Buy OEM Sony ACID Pro 7
- Buy OEM Windows 7 For Dummies Quick Reference
- Discount - Adobe Creative Suite 5 Bible
- Buy Excel 2007 For Dummies Quick Reference (en)
- Buy Adobe Flash Professional CS6 (en,ja,da,de,es,fr,it,nl,pt,fi,sv,hu,pl,tr,cs,ko)
- Download Lynda.com - HTML5 Structure Syntax and Semantics
- Download Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 2 MAC
- Buy OEM Nik Software Sharpener Pro 3
|Battle of Butter Sculpture Pays Tribute to Tradition at Iowa State Fair|
|News Releases - General Info|
|Written by readMedia|
|Tuesday, 23 August 2011 09:52|
DES MOINES, IA (08/22/2011)(readMedia)-- Three teams competed in the Battle of the Butter on Saturday at the 2011 Iowa State Fair.
First place went to Team Butter Squad with their Camping with the Cow sculpture created by teammates Melody Black, Dakota Black and Sawyer Black, all of Wellman, and Ryan Blakley of Libertyville.
Team Bead Happy, Live Piecefully was awarded second place for their sculpture, Barn Quilt. Teammates were Jill Prater of Moravia and Robin Caley of Unionville, Mo.
Third place went to team Iowa State Fair Board Members and Spouses by teammates CW and Kay Thomas of Guthrie Center and Alan and Deb Brown of Hampton.
The Battle of the Butter is part of the festivities celebrating 100 years of the Butter Cow. Teams of two to four sculptors compete daily for a chance to have their sculpture on display in the John Deere Agriculture Building, sponsored by Alliant Energy, alongside the 2011 Butter Cow. A $100 prize is awarded to the winning team each day. Judging is based on originality, creativity and use of butter.
The 2011 Iowa State Fair "Nothing Compares" ends today. The 2012 Iowa State Fair is set August 9-19. For more information, call 800/545-FAIR or visitiowastatefair.org.
* * *
Tags See All Tags