- 159.95$ Adobe Creative Suite 4 Design Premium cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Infinite Skills - Learning Bootstrap 2 MAC
- Buy Adobe Photoshop Elements 12 (en,zh,cs,nl,fr,de,it,ja,kr,pl,pt,ru,es,sv,tr)
- Buy OEM Adobe After Effects CS5 (64-bit)
- Discount - Microsoft Office Excel 2010 Home And Student with SP1 (32-bit & 64-bit)
- Buy Cheap Lynda.com - After Effects CS6 Essential Training
- Buy Cheap Adobe Photoshop Elements 10 MAC
- Discount - Digital Painting in Photoshop
- Buy OEM CodeGear Delphi For PHP 1.0
- Buy OEM Lynda.com - CSS Animations
- Buy OEM Lynda.com - Running a Design Business: Designer-Client Agreements
- Buy Altova MapForce Enterprise 2009 (en)
- Discount - Rosetta Stone - Learn German (Level 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5 Set)
|Beer Exhibit at the GAHC|
|News Releases - Art, Galleries & Museums|
|Written by Kelly Lao|
|Wednesday, 06 June 2012 13:38|
Davenport, IA- The German American Heritage Center is proud to announce the grand opening of its newest exhibit “Suds!” on the brewing history of Davenport and German brewing tradtions. The opening celebration will be held at GAHC on Sunday June 10th at 2pm with a presentation on Prohibition in Iowa by St. Ambrose University’s Father George McDaniel. Admission is $5 for Adults, $4 for Seniors, $3 for children 5-17, and free for members.
Our exhibit “Suds!” will feature the breweries that operated here and the taverns and saloons where settlers gathered for their favorite brands. The second largest private beer can collector in America lives in the Quad Cities (over 25,000 cans!) and is loaning us an impressive selection of historical cans to share with the community. Local brewery ephemera and historic images will take visitors through our local connections to the famous beverage!
A series of programs will feature our long and glorious local brewery legacy - the effect of Prohibition on the local brewery traditions – where the “State of Scott” defied both Iowa and federal authorities to keep brewing beer and to make it available to fans, the fame of Bucktown, where the beer flowed and the action followed, even a chemistry professor who can tell us why we like some types of beer better than others.
The exhibit runs through October 28th and is sponsored by Vanguard Distributing Corporation. Visit our website www.gahc.org for more information on this event and other upcoming events. Call 563-322-8844 or visit us at 712 W 2nd St. Davenport, IA.
Tags See All Tags