- 79.95$ Adobe Creative Suite 4 Web Standard MAC cheap oem
- Buy Adobe SpeedGrade CC MAC (Full LifeTime License) (en,de,es,fr,it)
- Buy OEM Autodesk NavisWorks Review 2009
- Buy OEM Adobe Photoshop CS6 Extended
- Buy Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 Professional (en)
- Buy Black and White in Photoshop CS4 and Photoshop Lightroom (en)
- Buy Adobe Flash CS4 Professional (en,ja,ko,zh,de,es,fr,it,nl,pt,da,fi,no,sv)
- Buy Cheap Lynda.com - Audio Mixing Bootcamp
- Buy Cheap Nik Software Color Efex Pro 3 MAC
- Buy MAMP Pro 3 MAC (en,de,fr,ja,ru)
- Download Adobe After Effects CS6 Classroom in a Book
- Discount - Microsoft Windows 8 (32 bit)
- Download Microsoft MapPoint 2010 Europe
- Buy Roxio Easy Media Creator Suite 10 (en)
|Beer Exhibit at the GAHC|
|News Releases - Art, Galleries & Museums|
|Written by Kelly Lao|
|Wednesday, 06 June 2012 13:38|
Davenport, IA- The German American Heritage Center is proud to announce the grand opening of its newest exhibit “Suds!” on the brewing history of Davenport and German brewing tradtions. The opening celebration will be held at GAHC on Sunday June 10th at 2pm with a presentation on Prohibition in Iowa by St. Ambrose University’s Father George McDaniel. Admission is $5 for Adults, $4 for Seniors, $3 for children 5-17, and free for members.
Our exhibit “Suds!” will feature the breweries that operated here and the taverns and saloons where settlers gathered for their favorite brands. The second largest private beer can collector in America lives in the Quad Cities (over 25,000 cans!) and is loaning us an impressive selection of historical cans to share with the community. Local brewery ephemera and historic images will take visitors through our local connections to the famous beverage!
A series of programs will feature our long and glorious local brewery legacy - the effect of Prohibition on the local brewery traditions – where the “State of Scott” defied both Iowa and federal authorities to keep brewing beer and to make it available to fans, the fame of Bucktown, where the beer flowed and the action followed, even a chemistry professor who can tell us why we like some types of beer better than others.
The exhibit runs through October 28th and is sponsored by Vanguard Distributing Corporation. Visit our website www.gahc.org for more information on this event and other upcoming events. Call 563-322-8844 or visit us at 712 W 2nd St. Davenport, IA.
Tags See All Tags