- Download Omni Group OmniGraffle 5 Standard MAC
- Discount - Slysoft CloneDVD 2
- Discount - Microsoft Streets & Trips 2010
- 29.95$ Avanquest SystemSuite Professional 8 cheap oem
- Discount - Adobe Creative Suite 5.5 Design Standard
- Buy Apple Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger (en,ja,fr,de,es,it,pt,ne,sv,nb,da,fi,pl,ko,zh,cs,hu,tr)
- Discount - Ashampoo Magical Snap 2
- Download Lynda.com - Dreamweaver CS4 with CSS Essential Training
- Discount - Adobe SpeedGrade CC (Full LifeTime License)
- Download Siemens Solid Edge ST6 (64-bit)
- Buy Cheap Lynda.com - Perl 5 Essential Training
- Buy Microsoft Windows 8 Pro Upgrade (32-bit) (en,ar,bg,cs,da,de,el,es,et,fi,fr,he,hr,hu,it,ja,ko,lt,lv,nb,nl,pl,pt,ro,ru,sk,sl,sr,sv,th,tr,uk)
- 99.95$ Adobe Illustrator CS5 cheap oem
- Buy OEM Dragon NaturallySpeaking 10
|Beginner Photography Workshop Jan 21 & 22|
|News Releases - Education & Schools|
|Written by Paula Neuhaus|
|Tuesday, 27 December 2011 13:58|
Maquoketa Art Experience announces a photography workshop for beginners led by MAE Affiliated Artist Sindi Mueller on January 21 and 22 for a two-day workshop exploring the fundamentals of photography in a hands-on environment. This workshop, held on Saturday and Sunday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., will cover the effects of shutter speed, aperture, and ISO (speed and sensitivity to light). Students will learn about shooting modes, auto focus, file-formats, depth-of-field, composition, quality-of-light, critique, and will receive tips a bout choosing equipment. Skills mastered in the workshop can be applied to any genre of photography including portraiture, landscape, abstract, photojournalism, and more.
Sindi Mueller is a Maquoketa Art Experience Affiliated Artist and has permanent gallery space at MAE. She also owns Luxe Photography portrait studio and is the only Certified Professional Photographer within 25 miles of Maquoketa and one of only 55 in the entire State of Iowa. Her love of photography led her to the Chicago Photography Academy where her mentor and teacher, William Benson, inspired her to create photographs that did not look like photographs. This opened a whole new world of surrealism, abstraction and interpretation for her. She began exploring kinetic photography, which is photography in which the camera is moved while the shutter is open, and her collection of images began growing by leaps and bounds. You can often find Sindi huddled in a dark closet with a collection of lamps, lenses, lights and mirrors feeling her way to the next "perfect shot".
Sindi's kinetic images were featured in her first show, December 2010 in Chicago and unveiled her first collection at a solo exhibit at Maquoketa Art Experience, Maquoketa, Iowa in April 2011.
In addition to her growing catalog of kinetic and abstract images, Sindi also appreciates the beauty of nature in her home state of Iowa, as well as the magnetism of the Chicago urban landscape. Sindi's landscape images have been published in the Maquoketa Sentinel Press and Bellevue Herald Leader.
Her fine art photography is currently represented by Maquoketa Art Experience. The cost for the two-session workshop is $150 and is open to adults 18 or older. Registration materials are available at www.maquoketa-art.org. For more information contact Paula Neuhaus at
Tags See All Tags