- Buy OEM Rosetta Stone - Learn Korean (Level 1, 2 & 3 Set)
- Buy OEM Adobe Photoshop Elements 10
- Download Autodesk AutoCAD MEP 2015 (32-bit)
- Download Apple Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger
- Download Autodesk AutoCAD MEP 2015 (64-bit)
- Discount - proDAD Heroglyph 4 Pro (64-bit)
- Buy Cheap Microsoft Money 2007 Home & Business
- Buy MacItBetter BetterZip 2 MAC (en)
- Buy Cheap Infinite Skills - Learning Sketchup
- Buy Cheap Abbyy FineReader 9.0 Professional
- Download Lynda.com - PHP Essential Training
- Buy OEM Global Delight Voila 3 MAC
- Download ABest Video to WMV MPEG Converter
|Bettendorf Community-Wide Food Drive Seeks to Raise the Quality of Nutritional Items Available to the Food Pantry Visitors|
|News Releases - Not-for-Profit News|
|Written by Rhonda Johnson|
|Thursday, 03 July 2014 15:37|
Thanksgiving in July to collect non-perishable food items to benefit three Bettendorf pantries
Bettendorf, IA (June 16th, 2014) – Thanksgiving in July, a community-wide food drive seeks to collect non-perishable food items for three Bettendorf area pantries - the Bettendorf Community Center, First Baptist Church and St. James Food Pantry. The drive will be held Monday, July 14 through Saturday, July 19.
“Food pantries spend up to $1,500 each month on purchasing perishable and non-perishable food items,” said Jeff Herzberg, Founding Member. “Our goal is to collect enough non-perishable food items to allow the pantries to use those funds for milk, eggs and other high protein, good-for-you products on a regular basis to their visitors.”
“While the beneficiaries of this year’s food drive are the citizens residing in the City of Bettendorf, we hope to expand our scope and help more pantries throughout the Quad-City area in the future,” said Herzberg.
Ways the Bettendorf community can support Thanksgiving in July:
Food items will be collected on Saturday, July 19 from 10 am to 2 pm at Faye’s Field parking lot – near the Family Museum, Bettendorf. Volunteers will load the food, weigh it and deliver items to the food pantries in the City of Bettendorf.
About Thanksgiving in July
Locally in Scott County, 19.6% or approximately 8000 children under the age of 18 are faced with food insecurity -- a need that's even greater during the summer months when children are out of school. Local food pantries see a significant amount of their contributions during the November and December months. Our local pantries have demand all year long and the summer months are an especially high period of demand for their services. Thanksgiving in July is an opportunity for the citizens of Bettendorf to provide support to the food pantries in Bettendorf.
Tags See All Tags