- Buy Cheap Microsoft Visio Standard 2013
- Buy OEM GFI MailSecurity 10.0
- Download Microsoft MapPoint 2010 North America
- Buy OEM iSkysoft iMedia Converter 2 Mac
- Buy OEM Adobe InDesign CS6
- Buy Cheap Intuit TurboTax Home & Business 2012
- Buy OEM Microsoft MapPoint 2009 North America
- 9.95$ Lynda.com - Joomla! Advanced CSS cheap oem
- Discount - Microsoft Works 9
- Discount - OS X Mountain Lion: The Missing Manual
- Buy OEM Adobe InCopy CS4 MAC
- Download Adobe Photoshop CC for Photographers
|Bettendorf Elementary School Students Donate 300 Coats to AEA Coats for Kids Program|
|News Releases - Local Events|
|Written by Johanna Smith|
|Tuesday, 13 December 2011 09:51|
Bettendorf, IA – Twelve fifth grade elementary students from the Bettendorf Elementary Schools have collected 300 coats for the Mississippi Bend Area Education Agency Coats for Kids Program as part of a community service project developed through the Tomorrow’s Leaders program. A representative from the AEA will be on hand accepting the coats tomorrow, December 9, at 7:30am at the Bettendorf Happy Joe’s.
Tomorrow's Leaders is comprised of 12 fifth grade students, one boy and one girl, representing each of the elementary schools in Bettendorf. The students are chosen by their teachers and principals and are leaders among their class. Once a month, the group meets for breakfast at the Bettendorf Happy Joe’s, where they discuss leadership skills and social and society issues pertaining to school and the community. All of the students volunteer for the Special Needs Winter Holiday Party at the iWireless Center in December. Additionally, the students select a service project. This year they chose to collect coats for the Mississippi Bend Area Education Agency Coats for Kids Program.
“These students are the future leaders of tomorrow. This program enables them to see that they have a voice and that being a leader is all about taking the initiative to mobilize themselves and others toward necessary action,” says program advisor Happy Joe Whitty.
Tags See All Tags