- Discount - Frischluft Flair for AE and PrPro
- Buy Altova DiffDog 2009 (en)
- Buy Cheap Lynda.com - Analyzing Your Web Site to Improve SEO
- Buy OEM Adobe SoundBooth CS5
- 279.95$ Autodesk 3ds Max Design 2014 (64-bit) cheap oem
- Buy OEM Autodesk Maya 2012 (64-bit)
- Buy Cheap Autodesk Infrastructure Map Server 2012
- Download Nik Software Complete Collection Ultimate Edition
- Buy Corel Motion Studio 3D (de,en,es,it,ja,nl)
- Buy Cheap Adobe Audition 3
- Buy OEM Microsoft Word 2013
- Discount - Ableton Suite 8 MAC
- Discount - Office 2010 All-in-One For Dummies
|Bikes for Brains--$6,000 goal this year|
|News Releases - Not-for-Profit News|
|Written by Mary McNeil|
|Tuesday, 19 November 2013 15:54|
It's that time of the year again....
Each year a coalition of caring community leaders comes together for a cause as worthy as they come: handing out bikes to the youngest, and the neediest, among us. Teaming up, each year, has been the Rock Island County Regional Office of Education, Bike N`Hike and Queen’s Parlour. This initiative, called “Bikes for Brains,” seeks to give out 100 bikes (with helmets and training wheels) to qualified QC-area children deemed eligible by Head Start, the Early Childhood Centers and The Project, an AIDS charity. The average cost of a bike with training wheels is about $50. The Pilot Club of Moline has pledged to donate helmets for all of the new young bikers, for which we are very grateful. And we are pleased to announce that Walmart has again agreed to donate $1000 toward this year’s effort.
Our goal is to raise a total of $6,000 between now and December 9th which is the happy day we give away the bikes. On that day, from noon-6 p.m. at the Martin Luther King Center in Rock Island, we help the young children pick out their new bikes.
Please don’t hesitate to contact me if you have questions or would like additional information. Thank you!
Early Childhood Program Coordinator & Education Consultant
Rock Island County Regional Office of Education
3430 Avenue of the Cities
Moline, IL 61265
Tags See All Tags