- Download DivX Pro 7 MAC
- Discount - Adobe Illustrator CS4
- Discount - Adobe Flash Professional CS5.5
- Buy Cheap Autodesk AutoCAD Architecture 2015 (32-bit)
- Download Adobe Dreamweaver CS6 Student And Teacher Edition
- Buy Photoshop For Right-Brainers (en)
- Buy Cheap Kigo Video Converter Pro MAC
- Discount - SmileOnMyMac textexpander 3 MAC
- Buy Cheap Lynda.com - Photoshop for Designers: Type Effects
- Buy Lynda.com - Color Correction in Final Cut Pro X (en)
- Download Intuit TurboTax Home & Business 2012
- Buy Cheap Roxio Creator 2009 Ultimate
- Buy OEM Lynda.com - PostgreSQL 9 with PHP Essential Training
|Biofuels For Commercial Airliners|
|News Releases - Science & Technology|
|Written by USDA Communications Office|
|Tuesday, 13 December 2011 12:30|
A new TV feature is available on the USDA FTP site. The new feature can also be seen on USDA's YouTube channel and downloaded as a video podcast. See below for details.
FTP Download instructions:
The host: ftp://ocbmtcmedia.
User name: usdanews
Filename:aviation fuel feature
The new file is in QuickTime Movie (H.264 ), MPEG 4, MPEG2 and HDV.
Also, use this free ftp client if you have problems.
FEATURE – BIOFUELS FOR COMMERCIAL AIRLINERS
INTRO: Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack is touting the goal of expanding the use of advanced biofuels to boost rural America. The U-S-D-A’s Bob Ellison has more. (1:33)
MADE IN THE U-S-A BIOFUELS POWERING AMERICA’S COMMERCIAL AIRLINES. THAT’S ONE OF THE MESSAGES AGRICULTURE SECRETARY TOM VILSACK BROUGHT TO A COMMERCIAL AVIATION ALTERNATIVE FUELS INITIATIVE EVENT HELD IN WASHINGTON D-C.
Tom Vilsack, Agriculture Secretary: So it’s important for us to celebrate the success we marked this year for Alaska Airlines and United Continental, utilizing biofuel in commercial flights for the first time. And we obviously want to expand on that.
BECAUSE EXPANDING THE USE OF BIOFUELS WILL, VILSACK SAYS, BOOST THE ECONOMY IN RURAL AMERICA.
Vilsack: And for us at USDA advanced biofuels connected to the aviation industry is as much about fuel as it is about jobs. The ability to create good jobs primarily, in our view, in rural communities.
VILSACK SAYS THOSE JOBS WILL BE AT NEW RURAL BIO-REFINARY PLANTS TURNING NON-FOOD BIOMASS MATERIAL INTO ADVANCED BIOFUELS.
Vilsack: The Department of Energy will help and assist the development and construction of a number of prototype, commercial sized bio-refineries. We anticipate and expect that they might be able to provide assistance to as many as four or five of these bio-refineries located throughout the United States.
RECENTLY IT WAS ANNOUNCED THAT THE U-S NAVY PURCHASED FOUR HUNDRED FIFTY THOUSAND GALLONS OF ADVANCED BIOFUEL TO POWER SHIPS AND PLANES…THE SINGLE LARGEST EVER GOVERNMENT BIOFUEL PURCHASE. FOR THE U-S DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE, I’M BOB ELLISON.
Tags See All Tags