- Download Sony Cinescore
- Buy Autodesk Product Design Suite Ultimate 2014 (32-bit & 64-bit) (en)
- Buy Adobe Creative Suite 6 Master Collection MAC (en,ja,de,es,fr,it,nl,pt,sv)
- Buy Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro Extended (en,fr,de,it,es,nl,pt,ja)
- 399.95$ Autodesk AutoCAD 2015 (64-bit) cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Sony Vegas Pro 13
- 219.95$ Autodesk 3Ds Max Design 2009 cheap oem
- Buy Microsoft Office Publisher 2003 (en)
- Buy OEM Cakewalk Sonar 7 Producer Edition
- Download Autodesk Sketchbook Designer 2011
- Buy Intuit Quicken 2009 Home & Business [Canada] (en)
|Books for All Children: Author Fills Much-Needed Demand|
|News Releases - Media & Communications|
|Written by Ginny Grimsley|
|Thursday, 28 March 2013 14:58|
Making the Case for Diversity in Our Kids’ Literature
Need is the mother of invention, which is why Jeff Rivera decided to create a line of children’s books that emphasis diversity.
“I’m the uncle of 12 nieces and nephews who live everywhere from Costa Rica to Australia to all over the United States, which is no longer the only melting pot in the world,” says Rivera, author of “Um…Mommy, I Flushed My Brother Down the Toilet” and “My Two Uncles & Me,” (www.jeffrivera.com), which have been endorsed by comic book icon Stan Lee and legendary best-selling novelist Jackie Collins. “There are just not enough books for little kids that represent families with diverse backgrounds, like mine, so I decided to create them.”
There are still segments of society that do not embrace differences of race, culture, religion and sexuality, which is why it’s all the more important for children of different backgrounds to feel included, he says.
Rivera reviews a few reasons why major publishers should consider children’s books for diverse families:
About Jeff Rivera
Jeff Rivera is a bestselling author, journalist and inspirational media personality whose work has been mentioned on TMZ, WABC, WNBC, WCBS, NPR and many other outlets. He is a full-time author whose humble beginnings living in poverty on welfare and food stamps as the child of a single mother, to his days living in his car and final success in media have inspired many.
Tags See All Tags